Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who's into cars, too?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who's into cars, too?

well... SPL=Sound Pressure Level, so I'm guessing you do dB drags, or competition with stereo systems?

Old 05-24-2006, 03:01 AM

Just look at the signature. I love cars. They are my first love and will always be there. Cycles are fun, but cars will always be my main focus and mind set. I am into Italian cars, thus the Alfa Romeos and other makes have been my past.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 PM

I sold my 84 mustang coupe (racecar) after I bought my bike.
D&D tubular K-member with coil over suspension 90/10 shocks
9" Moser rearend with Richmond full spool and 35 spline axles 4:56 gears
12 point Wild Rides roll cage
Dynamic transmission built G-Force tranny pro-shifted w/ straight cut gears 9310 mainshaft pro 5 0 shifter
all that was left was my 427 Keith Craft stroker motor with yates heads and I was ready to roll. Sometimes wish I still had it but I just didn't have time for it anymore but I still love going to the drag strip and watching. Ford is in my blood and always will be and won't drive anything else.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:09 PM

I'm into cars too, I have an 01 Eclipse GT. Its pretty quick, I dont get into crazy motor work, just bolt ons mainly, just trying to make it my own. I used to have a 95 Monte Carlo Z34 that I loved, but the motor made me hate it... so I sold that. My Eclipse has an Ingen intake, magnaflow cat back and high flow cat. I have some audio inside too... its still pretty stock.

01 Eclipse GT

Theres the cardomain if you wanna check it out.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 PM

I was HUGE into cars as well, before I started riding. I faded out for the same reason CBRCorey said. A bike will always be bang for the buck by far than a cage.

I was into Honda's. I had a 97 Prelude SH
Apexi vafc
aem fuel rail
fpr
75 wet NX
all kinds of suspension stuff
all kinds of motor stuff
too much interior stuff
TOO MUCH DAMN MONEY.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:07 PM

you got it, got pulled over yesterday for it- never saw the black and white behind me, thought i was going to towed... but just got a ticket- the cop was actually cool, then again most older cops are- its the young one that give me a headache[sm=icon_beat.gif] I install too, heres a run down of my current system

98 GRAND PRIX GT 4 door,blk leather.
clarion 755 touchscreen
clarion 3 way x over
audio control line driver
pioneer kevlar components
pioneer kevlar 6 x 9s
pioneer 480w for highs
kicker kx2500.1 for subs (yeah the big one)
4 12" kicker L7s, 1.25 cu. ft. sealed
3 redtop batts
0 gauge wiring
custom built 200 ampere alt, with overdrive pulley and externally adjustable regulator
17" widescreen flipdown moniter ( goes headrest to headrest)
projector HID conversion from Acura TSX ( real deal no blue bulbs here!)
--blacked housing and custom shroud for projectors- looks sick!
clear corner light and gunmetal brake lights
5% tint all over
20" rims
cross drilled rotor on all corners
etc etc etc

Old 05-26-2006, 03:43 PM

I'm into cars...but not the American Muscle Mustangs, Cameros, etc. I am into the import world. But I got no beef w/the muscle cars from today and years ago. I consider us all enthusiasts, just with different tastes. I currently have a 96 eclipse, Blitz kit (soon to be changed...) 18" chromes, CAI, Cat-Bak, shaved doors, HOK paint, Stereo System...More to come, but only after I get my bike finished...it's my priority..lol

Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '90 Civic Si (b16, type-r cams, i/e, body kit etc) is sitting in my back yard with about a foot of grass growing around it. It'll always be my baby, but bikes are just too much fun. Also, my Jeep Cherokee allows for passengers and excursions into the woods which the civic can't handle. I'm sure I'll dust her off sometime this summer, though.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: joel.2g

I'm into cars...but not the American Muscle Mustangs, Cameros, etc. I am into the import world. But I got no beef w/the muscle cars from today and years ago. I consider us all enthusiasts, just with different tastes. I currently have a 96 eclipse, Blitz kit (soon to be changed...) 18" chromes, CAI, Cat-Bak, shaved doors, HOK paint, Stereo System...More to come, but only after I get my bike finished...it's my priority..lol
Thats a very humble post so I'm trying to bite my tounge as much as possible here. Spell it camAro from now on and there won't be trouble.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:45 PM

You wanna talk cars Ive got a 68 mustang fastback that i restored from the ground up. Only problem was I was too worried about keeping it stock and original and went that route on the damn thing right down to the 14 inch dog dish hubcaps. Then it was restored almost too nice to drive so ive only put 3000 miles on it over the past 5 years. Once i get a real job im lookin to pull it out of storage and basically give it a completely new drivetrain. Any other muscle car owners out there?

Quick Reply: Who's into cars, too?