Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

whos fault is this accidnet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whos fault is this accidnet?

ffingers i do have 2 witness to back up my statment.

its just one of them did not mention she yeilded to the red light. but the other one did.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 PM

Let's face it bud, you're screwed.

I agree with you totally that it was the car's fault for not stopping/yielding at the red light.

Even though you were driving on a permit and after midnight I agree that it wascar driver'sfault going by your side of the story. Just because someone is on a permit doesn't mean it's their fault for being on the road. Most people are ****ed up thinking so.

That driver's lucky you weren't driving a semi truck!

But going by what the driver's insurance will say and the masses opinion you are screwed.

If you have full coverage insurance though don't even think twice about it and who's fault it was...it's a lose lose situation or depending on how you see it a win win situation.

The only fault belongs to the insurance agencies on both parties. Let the dead horse lie, there.

You get a new bike from the insurance and you can also sue that drivers insurance too.

We pay for insurance...we should collect off insurance

Old 08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though you were driving on a permit and after midnight I agree that it was car driver's fault going by your side of the story. Just because someone is on a permit doesn't mean it's their fault for being on the road. Most people are ****ed up thinking so.
how is one thinking someone not permitted to be on the road shouldn't be there "***ed up" for thinking so??? permits have restrictions for a reason.[&:]

not that I really want an answer since we will never agree .. but just thought that was a rather odd blanket statement.

nonetheless, hope it works out for you cyber .. I'm out.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 PM

you riding with just a permit has nothing to do with the fact that the woman refused to yield the right of way, and should be treated separately from the accident. for them to say "well he was riding when he shouldn't have been so she shouldn't be found completely at fault" is like saying "that person shouldn't have been standing in front of my gun so technically i'm not responsible for shooting them". the woman is completely at fault here. IF a right-on-red is legal (and it is unless a sign says otherwise) she has to come to a complete stop, and check to make sure no cars are coming before turning. she's not allowed to just turn at any time that's convenient for her, she has to wait for the lane to be clear, and obviously it wasn't since you were there, so she made an illegal turn (did you know it's also illegal to take off when a light turns green if there are still cars in the intersection, even if they are there illegally?). this is the way the law works in Texas, and i doubt it's much different where you live (if it's different at all).

p.s. i'm taking defensive driving to dismiss a ticket right now, so the above statements should be valid unless the course is lying to me

Old 08-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Look at it this way K B, the car driverdid NOT stopnor yield and caused an accident going with his story.

It can be you or I driving with a FULL license and the accident would still be an accident in which that non stopping and non yielding driver caused.

I will agree with you that people who CAUSE accidents with permits should NOT be out on the roads, yes.

But this is a case where people who cause accidents have full license. WhetherCyber had a license or a permit doesn't matter because he wasn't the cause.

But you are right, we might never agree because every law to most people are JUST(ice) laws.

I see most law as UN just laws to start with.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Retired Moderator

Well I said I was out but I lied [8D] just to reply to rmr .. the law is the law so it's kind of pointless to debate it since it seems the lady will be at fault and either his insurance or hers will pay cyber (at least some portion if not all) but just for the heck of debating your reply I will say your gun analogy is apples and oranges ... your analogy presumes the lady was just standing there and you shot her which is not analogous to this situation. If on the other hand you said you were on a range and she just ran across the shooting range while in session and you shot her accidentally then the scenario might be relevant since she should not have been there to begin with and it makes determination of fault a bit more complicated versus you sitting at a bus stop and shooting a random woman passing by. bottom line, I agree with you that the law treats them separately ... whether it should or shouldn't however is where we disagree. peace, and don't shoot anyone

Old 08-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kikn

It can be you or I driving with a FULL license and the accident would still be an accident in which that non stopping and non yielding driver caused.

I will agree with you that people who CAUSE accidents with permits should NOT be out on the roads, yes.

But this is a case where people who cause accidents have full license. Whether Cyber had a license or a permit doesn't matter because he wasn't the cause.
kikn, let's take an extreme scenario just to play devil's advocate even though in the end we'll probably have to agree to disagree: Assume you or I are fully licensed and legit driving along on a sunny beautiful Sunday with the birds humming and minding our own business when out of no where we slam into a car in an intersection. Let's say the fault was is a very close questionable call but in the end it leans more towards being our fault and we're deemed responsible. Let's now say we find out the other driver was an illegal, driving with no insurance, no license, and the car was not registered or had emissions certificate and had no business being on the road .. this all seems extreme compared to cyber's scenario but my point is WE WILL STILL GET THE TICKET for the accident.

Yes Cyber was not the cause of the accident but that depends on your POV of "cause" .. if he was not on the road there would've never been an accident so in that respect he did cause the accident. Who knows if he might've had the experience to use more defensive driving measures or not if the permit restrictions had not been violated and this same situation occurred later on ... maybe so maybe not but that's what makes the cause of it more debatable imo.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Let's just forget about permit and licenses and insurances altogether.

Let's just focus on who OBEY'ed traffic signs and lights In that situation you are wrong.

K. B. I agree in your scenerio that if we slam into the car because we weren't paying attention to the road then we do deserve the ticket.

If that driver did NOT stop and yield like Cyber's case then NO we do not deserve to get the ticket.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM

i am worried her insurance is not going to pay becuase i have only liabilty. my bike had a r title and i could not get full coverage. so its her insurance is paying or i am. i am hoping it is hers. i would much rather save the 1500 dollars in damages for a new bike.

if they do end up paying will they pay for my gear? towing? med insurance co pays?

lcukyly i am only 17 and on parents med insurance

Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: cyber00677

i am worried her insurance is not going to pay becuase i have only liabilty. my bike had a r title and i could not get full coverage. so its her insurance is paying or i am. i am hoping it is hers. i would much rather save the 1500 dollars in damages for a new bike.

if they do end up paying will they pay for my gear? towing? med insurance co pays?

lcukyly i am only 17 and on parents med insurance
im kinda lazy to go back and look but who do you have insurance through ? i have progressive and i have 2 motorcycles both full coverage and both with salvaged titles. im here in cali maybe that makes a difference.

Quick Reply: whos fault is this accidnet?