Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who's actually never gone down?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

only two kinds of riders, those that have been down, and those whose gonna go down. Its all just a matter of time.

Smart move is to dress for the crash!!

but like on a thread Jules started awhile back, almost everything on the street can be avoided. How? most accidents are the result of stupidity on the riders parts. Think about it, alot of ppl claim a car pulled out in front of them. But if they were followin back far enough, and were doin 'about' the speed limit, they prolly could have seen and avoided the dumbass cager. See my meaning?

But, I have been down twice. Once on my old cane (totaled) and a lowside on my F4, on the Dragon.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought was gonna happen yesterday. I pulled up to an intersection and stopped, waited on the other traffic to go then I made left turn. I wasnt getting on the throttle hard or anything and all of a sudden, in mid turn, the back end jumped out a couple feet. My automatic reaction was to slam my left foot down...... I peg legged it, the bike straightened up but today my leg is sore as can be and my left hand is messed up a bit where it tried to jerk the bar out of my hand. It must have been sand in the road but I didnt see it. I am still baffled by the huge reaction of the bike with such a slow speed and slight turn. They say most accident happen at slow speeds.
I've never actually been down on a street bike. I been riding my whole life (I'm 43) I went over the bars on a dirt bike once on a chip and seal road, slid down hill on my front side.... severe road rash. I never want to repeat that scene again.....

Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM

-never been down. Hope I never do...

Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 PM

I bought my first real street jacket while recovering from my first lowside. I didnt tell myself I would never crash again, but I did tell myself I would never get caught wearing a hoodie as 'protection' again. It sounds obvious, but the only time I've been hurt in a crash is when I hit something hard *after* falling. One time it was a curb (a rib and really sore foot) and another time a tire wall at the track (2 compression fractures on vertebra.) I learned things by pushing hard, but I dont advise that course of action. I'd rather be riding my bike on earth than being the most radical knee dragging fatality in heaven.
(sorry, I dont mean to put a damper on things.)

Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive dropped my bike, but never been down. 3 1/2 years riding. does it count that i almost got run over sitting at an exit for a restaurant and some asshat tried to take me out? i jumped off the bike due to the angle of the exit.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

have been riding for 3 years , 7 different bikes from 600cc-1300cc . never crashed untill last october. riding along in a straight line and the power commander caused a electrical surge causing my bike to lose power sending me into a fishtail. i was wearing full gear except something i never thought about untill now.. my shoes. i was only wearing a pair of dress shoes that didnt cover my ankles at all and when i hit the pavement the ground just ate into flesh. i was lucky and was able to walk away from a 65mph+ low side with only roadrash on my ankle and knee. my jacket (Icon Merc Hero leather) gloves (Alpinestar with cf knuckles) and helmet(scorpion exo-700) were still in good shape.