Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who uses the word "cagers" ?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who uses the word "cagers" ?!?!?!

ok is it just me or is the use of "cage/cagers" the sight of a noob?

It is to me personally. Everytime i hear somebody say that i think to myself "well he's somebody that's trying to act cool and think he's better then somebody else cause he rides" It's not like we DON'T OWN A CAR OURSELVES TOO! Can ya say hypocrat?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Who uses the word "cagers" ?!?!?!

i say "cage/cager" because when i am in my car i feel like im in a cage ... and can't wait to get back on my bike .

Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM

The term is a bit silly. But, at face value, it just illustrates that riders prefer to do just that; ride. Personally, I don't use the term (well, on the forum I might say I had to cage it to work, but I have never used the term referring to a person as a cager). I think saying driver is fine.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:45 PM

The first time I encountered it was in relation to bicycle riding, "ragin' cagers" usually came up a lot. Refers to idiots and jackasses in general ensconced in the safety of their cages. They usually don't care about anyone else on the road but themselves and they are the only ones who have to get anywhere on time.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:47 PM

I say the word ... refering to people that drive like idiots when they are in their cages and don't check blindspots or don't have any awareness of a rider. I prefer to ride and not use my 4 wheels. When its a polite curtious person driving behind the wheel of a car, I say exactly that. It distanguise(sp) between the good and bad drivers that get onriders nerves. As for being a noob thing ..you'll see this word used many times throughout the forum with all different kinds of experienced riders. It's just a personal opinion whether or not to use it.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM

I would have to say that i do feel caged in when I am in my car or truck, but sometimes I like that feeling like on the wat to and home from work. The freeway I have to take is crazy in a car let alone on a bike-that's whyI never ride to work. Trust me i am on the bike whenever i can be.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you say sportbike or crotch rocket? Does it really matter what word is used? I could just as easily point out the fact that you could have brought this up to make yourself be considered less of a noob, but I won't.

Just playing devils advocate, but I think its just personal preference really. I typically say 'cages', not 'cagers'.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Do you say sportbike or crotch rocket? Does it really matter what word is used? I could just as easily point out the fact that you could have brought this up to make yourself be considered less of a noob, but I won't.

Just playing devils advocate, but I think its just personal preference really. I typically say 'cages', not 'cagers'.
That was my first thought about his thread.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:11 PM

nah that word just makes me cringe everytime somebody says it. I rarely use "crotch rocket".... usually say bike or refer to it as a donorcycle heh

BTW there is bit of a difference between saying refering to your bike as a crotch rocket and reffeing to somebody as cager. Both have negative undertone to it but with the first you are describing yourself basically and the other somebody else.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

That was my first thought about his thread.
^
Probably my own insecurity coming through.

Quick Reply: Who uses the word "cagers" ?!?!?!