Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

who hates parts guys i do

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who hates parts guys i do

any one else feel this way i do cause today i call berts mega mall to see if they carry a dyno jet jet kit. This idiot asks me what bike i tell him an f4 and than he asks why i need one i tell him i am running a k and n air filter and a full aftermarkt exhaust and the next step is a jet kit. than he asks what i am running so i tell him i had a header made. the person who made me this header is a automotive god he is the an engineer the lead head engineer for edelbrock heads owned air flow research and has 3 cars out there running in every nascar race with his parts on it so he knows a lil about how to make power and i am a mechanic my self that is how i met this guy we do all the repairs on his own personal vehicles. any ways so i tell this guy headers and a vance and hines pipe. so he tells me i dont need a jet kit. so i tell him take it deep and hang up. Why is it that all these parts guys think they are gods gift to the mechanical world. I am a mechanic and i know that when your pushing more air out rapidly you need more air and fuel coming in to keep if from running lean and a freaking engineer is helping me with this. and this jack off knows more than the both of us. so if your a parts guy pay attention YOUR SELL PARTS TO TECHS YOUR ARE NOT THE TECH YOU ARE NOT TRAINED IN REPAIRS AND OPERATION OF ANY VEHICLE YOU ARE NOT AN ENGINEER YOUR JOB IS TO SELL PARTS THAT IS IT YOU HAVE NOT WORKED ON THIS STUFF AND IF YOU HAVE I WILL GAURNTEE WHAT YOU DID, DID NOT WORK NOT BECAUSE OF THE PART BUT BECAUSE YOUR A MORON AND DID IT WRONG SO ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT , THE ****ING TECH REMEMBER THAT

[IMG]local://upfiles/4031/2CAE32CE233F4C129CE373C1CF61DFB6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4031/CDA4471671ED4CF7AFB7F0B321FB292A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Default RE: who hates parts guys i do

It’s ok, just take a deep breath and count to 10. [sm=rant.gif]

Old 02-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not that i'm saying that guy was right, but a lot of parts guys used to be mechanics and know wut they're talking about. not all but a lot do know they're ****.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:36 PM

na i disagree at a deal is differnte cause threy deal with one vehicle one make especially here i mean dude i am an ase master mechanic and i hate when they try to act like they know everything and if they were actually mechanics they would know the first rule is you can not diagnois something with out seeing it or feeling the problem and if there in their 20 s like most of them around here they were only a mechanic for a year or 2 there is a huge pay cut from tech to parts. wich tells me they were no good as a mechanic if they ever were in the first place and working on your buddies cars, and motoecycles in the drive way dose not count

Old 02-26-2006, 05:03 PM
L8X

Old 02-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain dude. When I was putting together a turbo the frustration factor was off the scale. Sometimes ya just gotta do your own research and tell 'em what ya need. The less independent thinking they have to do the more likely you are of getting the part you actually need.

Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 PM

na belive me i do tell these dorks exactly what i need like today i get my k and n filter grant it it was from auto zone but i told him the part number and had to explain to him that they are an authorized k and n dealer and they can order what ever k and n carries i only go there cause my shop account is set up through them and i get a discount and after 20 mins of arguing with this idiot i fianlly get him to look on his computor and 5 mins later it is ordered why is it i know more about what that store carries than they do. than after it is ordered he goes on telling me all about the filter how it is reusable and blah blah so u just listened and let him go on his lil spheil to make him feel better

Old 02-27-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: wood83

na belive me i do tell these dorks exactly what i need like today i get my k and n filter grant it it was from auto zone but i told him the part number and had to explain to him that they are an authorized k and n dealer and they can order what ever k and n carries i only go there cause my shop account is set up through them and i get a discount and after 20 mins of arguing with this idiot i fianlly get him to look on his computor and 5 mins later it is ordered why is it i know more about what that store carries than they do. than after it is ordered he goes on telling me all about the filter how it is reusable and blah blah so u just listened and let him go on his lil spheil to make him feel better

woh i'm feeling dizzy now. is there a doctor in the house? i say next time you are at the auto zone, pick up a grammar book as well.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:19 PM

I like my parts people b/c they are my friends. But I know what your saying. I'm a girl that rides a bike and a drives stick and guys are like....wow blah blah blah...and it pisses me off. I've done mods to my bike and my car my self and they act like i'm a dumb girl who can't do anything. I once tried to change my friends' bulb in the parking lot of Pep Boys. This guy came out who worked at Pep Boys, said oh let me take care of it. I said the fender needs to be opened and he said no, no it doesn't. I said ok, pro...do your thing. He couldn't do it b/c I was right. On the older honda hatchbacks, the orange side marker lights need the assembly taken out to change the orange bulb, and I didn't have the tools, and he did and couldn't figure it out. My friend and I just laughed! By saying this I don't mean disrespect to you men, but it does **** me off when others act like they know **** and treat you like morons, then come to find out they were wrong.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 PM

lol see what i am talking about experts in action

Quick Reply: who hates parts guys i do