Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what's with our new site sponsors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:24 PM
L8X
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's with our new site sponsors?

First I want to say for the record Im not trying to start anything. Im posting this thread to find out what other members think.
Anywho, here goes: I noticed that we have two new site sponsors, the civic and accord forums. Does anyone else but me think they look out of place and makes the cbrforum look alittle less... i dont know the word, but for the lack of a better one, legit? (two legit, uh, two legit to quit..) sorry. Now I understand that forums exsit because of site sponsor dues, so since Im not one, i should shut up, but then i did some clicking and found that both car forums are owned by the same people who own the cbrfourm. Now i know, both cars forums are honda, and cbrs are made by honda so maybe there is some cross interests. But i think it look out of place and clashes with the content of this page. I mean the car care ad was stretching it already but hey, he or she's a paying customer. As i mentioned in other posts, I really want to become a site sponsor (but since im not yet, i should shut the hell up right?) I dont know if i want to be sharing space with ads that dont really have anything to do with our site. Look, THIS IS BY NO MEANS A PETITION TO REMOVE THE ADS. Dont even think that! I just want to hear all of your two cents on this topic. (damn, im gonna get so much s#it for this....)

Old 03-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: what's with our new site sponsors?

I'm Madison Avenue's worst nightmare. They work 1000's of hours and spend millions on research and target audience and I just don't pay attention. And if I do actually glance at an ad I forget what it's for about 5 minutes later. I do tend to remember the funny stuff but I forget what the product is so that's kind of a waste for them also.

So bottom line for me is, uh, er, um ... wait, what the heck were we talking about?

Old 03-20-2005, 08:27 PM

ok....i will answer this short and sweet....the site has a certain number of ad space available..when its not being used, it looks bad just being empty....the group that owns this forum also owns www.autoforumuniverse.com

you will find all of the sites that come up on here on there too...seeing as how this is technically a honda site, it cross advertises to other honda sites...thats all...

Old 03-21-2005, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

ok....i will answer this short and sweet....the site has a certain number of ad space available..when its not being used, it looks bad just being empty....the group that owns this forum also owns www.autoforumuniverse.com

you will find all of the sites that come up on here on there too...seeing as how this is technically a honda site, it cross advertises to other honda sites...thats all...

i agree on the empty space. something in the spce is better than nothing. more sponsors will come. im proof of that. give it some time and you will see this site grow in membership #'s AND sponsors.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:25 PM

also, the same way that we have the other site addresses here....this site appears at their site...there are people who belong to alot of the sites owned by autoforumuniverse...i obviously belong to all of them, but i notice usernames/profiles who belong to as many as 5 totallu unrelated sites...it really does help having the other site names on here, and other sites...
i. for instance, unfortunately do not currently own a bike...but i am very interested in having one..a bunch of my friends have bikes, and with one having gotten a new CBR recently, i came to this site to poke around and read things before i was admin. i am sure we have other members here who just have an interest in your bikes, without owning one. people who are brand loyal to honda, and say, they own a civic, and they see the CBR website on www.hondacivicforums.com, they may click it and browse around. dont worry, we arent just using your site as a billboard. [8D]

Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel you...yet I do see both sides of it. Some advertising is better than no advertising at all. You loose money that way. I guess it's also a good thing that the other ads are Honda. I'm a member of the HondaOwnersClub and I do communicate with other Honda owners. But at the same time, 2 wheels and 4 wheels are two different worlds. "Necessity often makes for strange bedfellows". Meaning, we may have to deal with this in order to grow as a Honda (Cycle) family. The money and time spent on research and advertising has surely been wasted. [:@]

Old 03-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Although I'm not salt dogs like the rest of ya, and am just a user w/ no athority to change anything, I (like L8X) though it was kinda weird to have "car stuff" on this site. Everyone who has posted reasons thus far for the "car stuff" to be here are right. This site doesn't exsist w/o money or sponcers and like the old saying gos "you do what ya gotta do" We are "Honda" so I guess it's cool to have the civ civ's (which I have a '00 Lx) and the accords on board since they are honda too. On that note... I think it was cool that if they have their stuff on our site our forum be posted on theirs. I never knew that there was a site/forum for honda cars and just might vist it, But this will always be home! As far as the empty space... I do agree that it does look better filled up, BUT I think it would look 100x better w/ MOTORCYCLE paraphernalia. PROPS to L8X fer commin wid it and puttin it out there for us all to chew on!