Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's the big deal about two guys two up on a bike?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the big deal about two guys two up on a bike?

At my local bike shop when I was getting a second set of gear so that other people can ride, mainly my aunt that keeps whining about riding in the spring I mentioned that I would allow my buddies to ride on the back of my bike. The response to that was basically that I would never hear the end of it and blah blah blah. First off, I'm not understanding the big deal about it, and second off, is everyone so homophobic that something that simple is now this huge deal?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup you got it lol, 2 nuts one bike, thats the rules

unless ya gay or a chick, then its ok lol

j/k, general rule I dont ride guys on my bike unless its a emergency type situation. But thats just me n has nuttin to do with homophobia lol

Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM

That's cool you don't have an issue with it, I can understand why some people wouldn't do it, but I don't think people should be giving me **** about it.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by dyracuse
That's cool you don't have an issue with it, I can understand why some people wouldn't do it, but I don't think people should be giving me **** about it.
Most of the time I've seen giving others shyt over its all in good fun. Tho I wouldnt be surprised some would literally think anything bad of it.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Around my town I wouldn't be surprised, people are pretty far behind on the times still.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:07 PM

if you have to, just make sure you are back to back. Less "awkward" when you have to brake hard...

J/k - had had to give a buddy a ride once in an emergency. Thats about the only time I'd allow another dude on my bike.

Sheer mechanics of motorcycle riding says the passenger usually has to hang on to the driver. If you like being in the embrace of another man for extended periods of time thats your business, not mine.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM

lol, someone's putting too much thought into it.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, it shouldn't be an issue. But for some guys it will be. My office is extremely homophobic. Given that we're all cable technicians, eventually we will have to make a call to the house of a homosexual. Or like I had to once, a gay bar. Other guys at the office will flat out refuse to go or call a supervisor with an invented excuse to leave once they discover the person's sexual orientation.

Doesn't bug me. Gay guys tend to tip better Tho at the gay bar I did have to fix a tv suspended from the ceiling and made the comment (in jest) "if you guys keep staring at my *** so hard, you're gonna knock me off the ladder." Bartender tipped me a bottle of tequila and a $20

Wouldn't rib you for riding 2 up with a guy. But I wouldn't be able to resist references to 'riding bitch' for your passenger

Old 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I had a lot of people like that when I worked in construction, lot of homophobes, but with work not a lot you can do, but if you're buying stuff from a shop they can keep their traps shut.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:39 PM

Here, as its probably the same for you guys, you can be thought of as gay for just about anything that differs from the "norm". I've noticed that "Gay" gets used a lot by young(ish) people referring to something that they don't like or think is not right.
Many people dump gay's in with all the other sexual deviates (I know that's not true because there never seems to be any gays at the club meetings).
I don't know how many times I've seen two guys on matching bikes & matching leathers & thought.....couple a pooftah's.
I'm sure there are those that think because you ride a bike, sports bike, Honda, that you are a dead set pillow biter.
I've taken friends for a two up ride on my bike & could not care less what other people say or think.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the big deal about two guys two up on a bike?