Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

whats with all the unsafe riders recently

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 09:12 PM
|
Default whats with all the unsafe riders recently

the other day i was going home from one of my classes at hvcc and this *** on a rr comes up next to me. i had no idea how long he was there or what i could have turned right into him. he was deffinetly in my space and it could have turned ugly. recently when i have been parking i have been finding other motorcycles in my parking spots with my bike whats with that? any way i come out today and there is a busted a** RR you could see he laid it down good and he had a leaking fork seal all down the fork on to his brake rotor and everything. just not safe. im supprised i dont see more accidents down at the school.

Old 05-11-2007 | 09:21 PM
Default RE: whats with all the unsafe riders recently

I have been seeing alot of kids with no gear except for a helmet. Ijust shake my head at them as I ride by. I dont see to many F'ed up bikes though. As forsomeone else parking in the same spot as you... It has happened to me a few times. I really does not bother me as long as that person is not blocking me in. I figure I only need half a spot so someone else is more than welcome. But Iwasout for dinner one night and I saw a guy on a cruiser block me in. I got pretty ticked. But he ended up seeing me with my jacket on and asked if it was okay andto let him know when I was leaving. So I cooled down after that.

Old 05-11-2007 | 09:52 PM

As we were on the feeder road to the dealership this afternoon a kid on a GSXR was splitting traffic, weaving in and out, and popping wheelies in traffic. The cake topper? He had on a helmet, tank top, shorts, and flip flops. When we pulled into the dealership he was in front of us so txn_driver made the comment that he really should look into wearing gear - it could save his neck one day. The guy just laughed and walked away.

Old 05-11-2007 | 10:30 PM
|

i dont know how i feel about wearing gear. i mean its every ones choice and its there skin. i know i wear a helmet ,jacket ,gloves, jeans boots. but my thing about parking in a spot with me is first its my spot. second last semestor i came into college and every one usually parks in with there tire back up agains a curb in a row. well some moron didnt put any thing under his kick stand 100 degress out see where im going with this? there were 7 very unhappy bike owners. any way since then i dont park my bike near any other bikes.

Old 05-11-2007 | 10:35 PM

Nothing new really, crappy riders have been around as long as there's been bikes to ride.

Old 05-12-2007 | 12:40 AM

Don't you guys know by now that march through june is national squid quarter? The paper plates everywhere should have been a good indication. [&:]

Old 05-12-2007 | 01:36 AM

It has happened to me a couple times already, someone just decides to ride next to me or passes me in my lane without a warning(honk, high rev) and it doesn't **** me off more than it scares the f*ck out of me[sm=yikesomg.gif]!! About the parking space I don't really mind as long as they don't block me in or harm my bike, I usually park off to either side for in case another bike pulls up but stay away from the line a bitto avoid doors. I get very paranoid when the summer hits cause there's so many new riders on the streets and you don't know who to trust or what to expect. Lets make it a safe summer guys.

Old 05-12-2007 | 03:50 AM

I think it is the warm weather. We all know it is warm out, we all know what is like to ride with alot of gear, but people need to put it on. If you can get the bike, you can get the gear too.

Old 05-12-2007 | 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaKidF1

I think it is the warm weather. We all know it is warm out, we all know what is like to ride with alot of gear, but people need to put it on. If you can get the bike, you can get the gear too.
That's the problem......if you can the bike you SHOULD get the gear too. Some people, I've known at least ONE, can't afford a HELMET after they buy the bike. Isn't this friggin ridiculous?!!? Has anybody else seen that commercial where a bunch ofkids are driving around in a Dodge Neon? and they pull up at a stop light next to another kid driving a BMW and the beamer has a Pizza Delivery sign on its roof? It's just like that....

Old 05-12-2007 | 11:58 PM

There is this kid that in my area that rides an R6. I was going home one day and he was in shorts and a T-shirt and a helmet. I stopped at the stop sign and I was going to make a left turn. Now this guy rolls up next to me, stops and takes a left turn. I'm like wtf, I was at the stop sign first. But there are alot of ppl on temp plates with little/no gear on. I saw a really nice brand new Respol CBR the other day when I was waiting for th bus.

Quick Reply: whats with all the unsafe riders recently