Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is in your back yard??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What is in your back yard??

ORIGINAL: Raven

That's right nice Jules. I am in the middle of a forest, so all I see for 360 degrees are pine trees.

You live in a forest?? ..what year are you living in?? ..lol

Pics??

Jules

Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Juliet...I have a small cabin, located in the Lincoln National Forest, in New Mexico. It is famous for being where Smokey the Bear was found. Smokey is/was the symbol of our National Fire Safety campaign (Only you can prevent forest fires.) My patch is on the slope of a 12,000 ' mountain ( Sierra Blanca ), at around 7,000 ' and it is very densely populated with old-growth Pines. On any given morning I can look out into my "back" yard and see bear, bobcat, marten, badger, deer, elk, and many kinds of birds (including all types of corvid, my favorite !)
As to what year I live in...well that is debatable. With no T.V., radio, internet (I at library now ), or newspaper I feel as if I am in the dark ages. Having been a prisoner in a bad relationship for the last twenty years puts my emotionally-stunted era back in the 80's...I feel like I did when I was a confused, disoriented and naive twenty-year-old. As to pics, well I do not have the camera/cell phone to take pics with, and I am ignorant of how to transfer images, even if I had them. My first priority upon establishing a life is to gain said ability, since I am in a very beautiful and unique part of the world. I also cannot wait to make a banner for my posts. Alas, I am an e-peasant. I thank you for sharing all of the great photos you have and you make Great Britain / United Kingdom / England look really amazing. Floting lazily down a canal sounds idyllic, and I wish I was there. Pace, Gris.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Although it's not nearly as nice as Juliet's, my lil shack in L'Ville Georgia.

View from the deck, there is a small creek down there if you look closely:

View from deck looking straight up, lots of shade fromthe tall *** pines:

View of crib from where the creek begins:

My little creek, I like it..

Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 PM

Raven

Juliet...I have a small cabin, located in the Lincoln National Forest, in New Mexico. It is famous for being where Smokey the Bear was found. Smokey is/was the symbol of our National Fire Safety campaign (Only you can prevent forest fires.) My patch is on the slope of a 12,000 ' mountain ( Sierra Blanca ), at around 7,000 ' and it is very densely populated with old-growth Pines. On any given morning I can look out into my "back" yard and see bear, bobcat, marten, badger, deer, elk, and many kinds of birds (including all types of corvid, my favorite !) As to what year I live in...well that is debatable. With no T.V., radio, internet (I at library now ), or newspaper I feel as if I am in the dark ages. Having been a prisoner in a bad relationship for the last twenty years puts my emotionally-stunted era back in the 80's...I feel like I did when I was a confused, disoriented and naive twenty-year-old. As to pics, well I do not have the camera/cell phone to take pics with, and I am ignorant of how to transfer images, even if I had them. My first priority upon establishing a life is to gain said ability, since I am in a very beautiful and unique part of the world. I also cannot wait to make a banner for my posts. Alas, I am an e-peasant. I thank you for sharing all of the great photos you have and you make Great Britain / United Kingdom / England look really amazing. Floting lazily down a canal sounds idyllic, and I wish I was there. Pace, Gris.

Ruidoso N.M. nice!

We need pics man!!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Raven

Juliet...I have a small cabin, located in the Lincoln National Forest, in New Mexico. It is famous for being where Smokey the Bear was found. Smokey is/was the symbol of our National Fire Safety campaign (Only you can prevent forest fires.) My patch is on the slope of a 12,000 ' mountain ( Sierra Blanca ), at around 7,000 ' and it is very densely populated with old-growth Pines. On any given morning I can look out into my "back" yard and see bear, bobcat, marten, badger, deer, elk, and many kinds of birds (including all types of corvid, my favorite !)
As to what year I live in...well that is debatable. With no T.V., radio, internet (I at library now ), or newspaper I feel as if I am in the dark ages. Having been a prisoner in a bad relationship for the last twenty years puts my emotionally-stunted era back in the 80's...I feel like I did when I was a confused, disoriented and naive twenty-year-old. As to pics, well I do not have the camera/cell phone to take pics with, and I am ignorant of how to transfer images, even if I had them. My first priority upon establishing a life is to gain said ability, since I am in a very beautiful and unique part of the world. I also cannot wait to make a banner for my posts. Alas, I am an e-peasant. I thank you for sharing all of the great photos you have and you make Great Britain / United Kingdom / England look really amazing. Floting lazily down a canal sounds idyllic, and I wish I was there. Pace, Gris.

QB40 I am liking your back yard!! :-)

Raven I am impressed ..seriously impressed!! :-)

I have always loved log cabins and I would be happy to live in one ..I have stayed in several and they are warm and cosy ..not how people imagine at all .. as to your location it sounds like a veritable paradise from your description ... I love places that are timeless ..you could be standing in your cabin looking out at the forest around you and it could just as well be 1808 ..I can almost smell that fresh forest air and oh the photographic potential with all that wildlife ..it sounds idyllic ..sigh ... I will trade my muddy canals for your forest!! :-)

I love the feel of living in the past where I am too ... it never changes here and lots of the cottages are 17th century ... all that said though it is very nice to walk in a room hit a light switch and then use my broadband internet ..lol ... so what I am saying is I want to live in the 1800s but have electric lights and internet ..but then there would be no one else to talk to .. oh and I would need to take an RR back with me too .. oh hell no petrol back then either ..

If you ever want help with the photos and getting them on a pc just let me know :-) .. I would love to see where you are in pics ..you simply must get some of this new fangled technology ..lol

I will post some of our cottages here soon ..they are quite magical and we have fairies at the bottom of the gardens ..lol

Jules

Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: eweppley

You really do want us all to come over, don't you?How are you with a grill, Jules?

I'm there!!!...see you soon Jules...

Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 AM

I live in Alamogordo NM for now. I am headed back to IN. HELL YEAH!!!!!! Anyways, I have some nice pics of Sunspot Solar Observatory but the CD is at work. DAMN IT!!!! I will post some pics later.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 AM

I make good on my word.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11533/B293E6F0D68346098B040E41ABDBA0D4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11533/287E4A2D9EC14BBA84DD405884262D43.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-10-2008, 11:05 AM

^^ White Sands?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Sun Spot. Actually that is on the way to Sun Spot but close enough for government work.