Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Wrong With...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Wrong With...

Whats Wrong With this pic can anyone tell me?
Name:  2150502805_ORIG.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  123.7 KB

If You dont know i will tell ya there is no chain. So story behind it is this. Im riding by my self on this road that i have been on plenty of time by my self with my f3 well figured i would take out the 900 and see what shes got. Perfect through twistys and handles awsome going about 75 or so and l=notice when i was in sixth gear and gave her a little gas it was laggy did not think any thing of it. Come up to a stop sign were i know their is a long stright away so i figured i would open her up and let her breath, Going about 100 a little wind so i lean to the left a little 130 still with a little lean on the left 160, 165 then Boom loud i mean like shotgun in your ear loud even with the helmet on. Looked down at my gauges and they all read zero im just coasting i apply a little break and come to a stop. I jump off my bike and pull my helmet jacket and gloves off and start looking around see what happened; no fluied of any kind on the ground what so ever, try to start it won't start pull the clutch in still won't start call one of my buddy and asked what the f**k is going on i forgot i had the kickstand down put it up starts right up ok. I figured i hit a bird hung up the phone put my gear back on about to take off release the clutch and no go wtf i looked down no f**King chain. At this point i cuss up a f**king storm called a whole bunch of people and told what had happen just kinda laughed at it. Called of of my buddys dad and then it hits me the chain could have jam and i would have been f**Ked at those speeds. So the big boom was master link breaking and back of chain hiting the tail of my bike if there was no wind that would have hurt like a son of a bitch. So after finding out i have no chain i go on a wild goose chase looking for it 2 1/2 miles away there it was laying in the dirt. Called my buddy and 2 hours later after 20 min of riding trying to peice back what had happend. If you read this thanks if not thanks for looking you never know what the last post will be when you go out on a small out of town ride. picture of the after math of the chain.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: What Wrong With...

wow bro. your damn lucky. i was looking @ the pick and i was going to say "no chain" and i scrolled down to answer thinking maybe if i got it right id win a prize or some **** haha so how did you finally get it home ? also another very good reason to inspect your bike very carefully when you buy it either private or from a dealership

Old 04-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Mad

yea!!!.... Glad it wasn't worse. Doesn't look like any damage to your bike; at least that I can see.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 AM

Got my buddy's pick up and drove it into a ditch and loaded it in there. Chain was brand new rivit master link and looked perfect just enough both ways don't know what the f**k happend yesterday got it up about 120 and ran fine just not sure.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

wow then yea i deffinetly dont know what happened i guess just one of those freak things that happen that you can always look back and laugh about while drinkin a beer with ur buddies !

Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Dude you got lucky that didn't whip you. I didn't even think to look at the chain, good luck getting her up and running again, hopefully with no more problems.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:44 AM

my guess was gona be that the back tire was orange i didnt even notice the chain was missing . but thats one of my biggest fears on my f4i that the chain will break and bind up the back tire.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:35 AM

Be sure to look at the case very carefully immediately in front of the front sprocket. I've heard of chains breaking and then cracking the engine case on their way out.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:43 AM

Bad master link or was not seated right.

Could have killed you. Your very luckey it spit the chain out and it did not wrap around the rear sprocket locking up the rear wheel.
I won't comment about pushing those speeds on the streets. But glad to hear you did not go down.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

Be sure to look at the case very carefully immediately in front of the front sprocket. I've heard of chains breaking and then cracking the engine case on their way out.
As soon as i got home that was the first thing i did their is a little damage only scratch's not really that deep.

Quick Reply: What Wrong With...