Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What would you get

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you get

So I was at the honda dealer before looking at gear. They had 2 very sexy bikes with my name all over it.

1. A 2007 Cbr1000rr Red and black.
2. 08 Cbr600rr orange black and I think a little bit of silver.

Both where brand new. the 1000 was $8799 600 was $8599.

I wonder how much I could get for my bike

Old 03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would go with the 600. It would be cheaper on insurance. You will never get to use the potential of the 1000 or the 600 for that matter, but the 600 would be more fun around town.
It also depends on your size. I am of a smaller stature and the 600 fits me great. Both bikes are smokin hot, so it would all be be personal choise.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This one really does sound like it's down to personal preference :-)

You are already experienced as you have a 600 ... there is a negligible price difference so you may fancy trying the 1000RR as a step up, it will cost more to run and fuel but how solvent are you?? ..does the money matter, if so then I think today's 600RR is a pretty tough act to follow :-)

I think in this instance it's your call ....

Jules

Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Im going to be biased because its what I know.. I love riding the 600rr's. They are my favorite bike that I have had the opportunity to ride. I dont have a need for a 1000 YET, but I am sure one day I will get one but I will always keep my 600rr around. I just love it to death.. But its really a personal choice. Id sit on them, see whats more comfortable for you, decide on what you can afford or how much you are willing to put out, including insurance. But both are good bikes.. goodluck

Old 03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Also the days of 1000s being bigger and heavier than 600s are long gone I think ... the 1000RR is often mistaken for a 600RR (by me anyway) and it's the same weight or less I think, so you still have the amazing handling and flickability of 600 but simply lots more power, can you handle it ..do you have enough restraint not to go silly in the wrong places??

For me a 600 will always be good enough and well fast enough, my F3 is fast enough for me and the 600RR is even quicker and lighter :-)

Jules

Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 PM

what is the difference in gas mileage between a 1000 and 600?
say they were the same year, and everything else.
i have an f4i, this will be my second year with a bike and ill have it at least one moer year before i step up, but i may step up to a 600rr, rather than a 1krr

especially because i dont like how they changed the front of the new 1k's

Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 PM

I like em both. They have had the 1000rr's for a couple years and I know they will Have them for at least 3 more months. Hopefully I will Get some more experience on the 600 and figure out if I get I will have more hours at work or not. If I get more hours at work Its going to be a tough choice, If I don't my F4i will have to satisfy me for now.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:25 AM

I rode my f4i for two years before even thinking of upgrading to any sort of new bike. I eventually went with what was the best financial choice at the time (600 vs 1000).

Old 03-13-2009, 12:05 AM

I'll be the odd one and say go for the 1000. You are already experienced with a very capable 600. If you drop all that money on a new 600RR, your going to be let down somewhere along the way. Sure the RR is faster and handles better, but its not that much different than what your riding now, especially on the street. Powerwise its a little better, handling its a little better... but in all honesty, why drop that much money for something that is a little better? If a 600 is all you feel you need, or want. then I say stick with your current ride. If you want to move up to more power, then go with the 1000. Just dont be expecting an awesome new bike with the 600RR compared to your F4i.

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying the new 600RR isnt the badest 600 Honda has ever put out, but your current bike is no slouch and its not going to be easily outshined, even by the new 600RR. People tend to forget that the F4i was actually quite a bit lighter than the 600RR when it first came out. So the new lighter 600RR is actually pretty darn close the same weight as the F4i.

Personally, when I made the switch to a liter bike. I thought what the hell am i doing.. the power was so intense. But the grin wouldnt leave my face for over a week. Like anything, you will get use to it and it becomes very nice to have. Your not constantly shifting. You can lug the motor down a lot and still pull out without any problems. The weight of the liter bikes is no longer an issue.

I would say the only downfall to the liter bike has already been mentioned. the cost of insurance. the cost to drive them is a little bit more with mpg, but it still gets near 40 mpg... so I'm good with that. I also have under my insurance a ninja 636... the cost of insurance difference is 15 bucks a month. I go through state farm.

I would strongly suggest keeping your bike until you have had the chance to ride a few other bikes. You might find the new 600RR is just what your after... or you may find the liter bike is what you want. just dont jump into something you may end up regretting.