Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what would you do...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
The CBR's I've rode besides the F4i (929, 954, & '08 1000), don't really feel any bigger except in raw power. A 250 will carry him at the speed limit just fine...besides it's all the faster LEGALLY you are allowed to go on the streets & you said he thinks track days are stupid.

BTW...I'm 6'-7" and around 235#...I find my F4i to be very comfortable for long rides.
The F4 is a perfect fit for me at 6'3" and I ride long and far too. My butt gets sore before anything else but an Airhawk might fix that. The only CBR I've been on that felt too small was the 600RR (any year).

There are people that start on a 1000 and do a fine job. I think I would be one of them because I consider myself to be quite sensible (started on a 600 with no problems) but your friend doesn't sound very sensible to me... You know he's going to get what he wants anyway. I suspect he'll have a bunch of complaints though. More than the acceleration will be able to make up for. I must say that the 08+ 1000RR felt relatively comfortable (for a SS). It's not like sitting on a 1098 that makes your *** hurt the minute you sit on it. The 600RR is also quite uncomfortable (talking about just the seat).

If he get's really tired on longer trips just make him buy a tank bag. I use mine to rest my upper body on on longer rides. I then put my left hand on the fairings (where the ram mount tubes are on the F4 and F4i). I can go for hours and like I said the first thing to hurt is my ***.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah everyons making good points. The new 1000s keep getting smaller each year and they are barely larger than their 600 counterparts now so thats almost a non-issue. I guess thats why ive been looking into older 1000s at least and streetfighter type bikes.

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
V-rod would be a pretty good choice for him, whether he wants to admit it or not. I'm amazed how much fun they are to ride, and that 1300 powerplant is remarkably smooth & punchy.
I think vrods are sweet and itd be cool if he got one especially the blacked out night rod. I want a streetfighter like a honda hawk or something myself too as a second bike just to mess around on around town and stuff. But hes ignorant and thinks its stupid if its not a sport bike. Thats one of the parts that frustrating me the most. He thinks anything other than a sport bike is retarded when theres plenty of other cool bikes out there.

And like a couple of you mentioned yeah plenty of people start on 1000s and are fine and im sure he will be too for the most part except i just have a feeling hes gonna do something stupid and come into a turn too hot and lay it down cuz he got all throttle happy in the straight. Anyone can go fast in a straight line.

and yeah ^under hell definitely complain. He complains after being on my f4i for a while. So thats why i think hes stupid to get something of his own that hell be uncomfortable on. Cuz its also the fact that the rr's and other bikes have an even more aggressive riding position than the f4i so hell be even less uncomfortable. So i dont want him to get something hes not gonna want to ride far on either cuz thats gonna ruin it for me since ill be back to not having anyone to ride with again. Hell try to laugh me out of the room if i tell him to get a tank bag.

Hes scared himself on the f4i but yeah as i mentioned he drag races cars, and might be getting a bike from selling his one fox like i said, so hes got the itch to go fast and he obviously will on 1000 and thats when im worried somethings gonna happen or its gonna lead to something bad happening right after. Head shake/tankslapper, looping it, coming up on a turn too fast and not knowing what to do and running it wide/lowsiding/highsiding. Stuff like that is the main concern.

Anyone want to buy/trade for the mustang instead?
Name:  IMG00224-20100901-1055.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  65.5 KB

Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123
Yeah i mean i keep my bike in his garage so hes probably ridden it more than i have the past few months since ive been at school. I leave the key in it i dont give a sh*t if he rides it. If he wrecks it i know itll get fixed or replaced so whenever i want it i just go and get it. So yeah hes not completely new and has some experience but hes still kind of ignorant and is on planet denial. ^jpan i hope youre not talking about the 848 evo cuz i dont think they made a hypermotard 800 evo. Id cry if he got an 848 evo i couldnt bare to see one of those things go down. So pretty. But yeah half the time people dont respect these bikes or what they can do and think theyll be fine buuuuuuuuut theyre wrong. But hey i say we stick these two kids together and tell them to have fun. Im just gonna bust his ***** about this until he finally makes up his mind on what hes gonna get and try to help him out from there. Hell im still a new rider but i know im not ignorant so whatever

yup the fking 848 evo. lol a part of me wants him to get it so i can fking ride it ^^

Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM

That's a super SWEET fox! Would I give up my F4i for it??? Definitely NOT!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
yup the fking 848 evo. lol a part of me wants him to get it so i can fking ride it ^^
My other friend just called me saying he wants to get a bike for the summer and trade his car for one. He said he found a nice ducati 848 he wants i was like you god damn a**hole i wont like you if you get that.....buuuuut then again ill get it to ride it sooo....yeah. Jesus those things are sweet. Haha and of course this kid wants to get a 1000 for his first bike but hes been riding dirtbikes and stuff all his life and knows what these things can do and is smart about riding so im not worried about him getting a 1000, i think hell be fine. Hes also like 6'3 250 lbs but hes a tight end for his college football team so hes a lot leaner than my other budddy.

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
That's a super SWEET fox! Would I give up my F4i for it??? Definitely NOT!
haha you wouldnt trade your f4i for that? Its sprayed too . But actually now that i think of it he took it out 2 nights ago and his friend blew the thing up while driving it soooo its out of commission till the kid fixes it. That should buy me some more time to talk him out of trading it for a 1000.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM

nick tell us what u got under that hoood. i love manual cars. is it 5 speed?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM

nope its a 4 speed. its a built 306, 10 lb bottle and a nos cheater kit jetted for 150hp, 8.8 inch rear with 4.11 gears, fuel cell in the trunk for race gas, and sitting on those pretty 10 inch wide mickey thompson et streets