Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Meal Do You Like to Cook?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Meal Do You Like to Cook?

What is your favorite food that you like to make for your yourself/your family?I love to cook and I am always looking for something different to try.

BTW, mine is pan-seared steak in a mushroom winesauce (sometimes I deglaze with brandy) with cheesy potatoes and corn on the cob,salad with fresh tomatoes and balsamic vinagrette. I love to make greek food (of course), but this is the one meal everyone in my house can agree on.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Meal Do You Like to Cook?

i make a mean ramen noodle seriously though, i would love to learn how to cook one day

Old 10-23-2007, 06:56 AM

^
Trial-and error my friend. Just find some easy recipes that sound good online and give them a try. If you fu_k it up, ramen only takes 2 minutes-lol!

Wait, you're telling me that you can't make any good latino food? Man, that 'aint even right!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you know i was latino???

Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 AM

[ul][*]turkeyor veal parmesan -garlic & parm noodles, corn niblets with lemon pepper[*]pork tenderloin in cream - philly cream cheese and dill mashed potatoes[*]chili- nacho chips or toast, shredded cheddar[/ul]
Theres quite a few more, but those are the staples......

Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 AM

----

Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 AM

Heycatamayo, Ihavea cookbookfor you:

Ramen-Noodles

I actually have it this one. It has some good stuff.

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

how did you know i was latino???
You showed your name in the username thread. Also, I think I remember you calling thomasintexas a pinche hota (dead giveaway). My guess is your family is Mexican. Right?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 AM

I personally like my week long pasta. Make it sunday night with a pound of pasta, all sorts of veggies, shrimp, chunky pasta sauce, and lean ground turkey and eat it all week long for those quick, in between class meals. I kinda took the idea from olive garden and made it my own. I used to cook at a restaurant, but I don't find the motivation to cook throughout the week when I'm doing homework/going to class most of the day. It works pretty well for giving me energy and protein the night before/after a workout.

Anyone here ever cook with beer instead of wine? I went to a Sam Adams promo at the local bistro and the appetizer and meal were both made with beer and to top it off you got a beer with each of the 3 courses of dinner. It was sooooo delicious. I guess beer doesn't have the potential to overpower a food's taste like wine can. The lamb we had was just incredible.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Meatballs.Italian wedding soup. Pulled pork. My'get laid' meal is crabcakes and chicken cordon bleu (I dated a girl whose mother learned to cook in Paris at Cordon Blue). Between the crabcakes and the chicken, they get so wet they slide off of the seat.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 AM

I'm a big fan of those baked potatos that you scoop out the insides and make mashed potatos with it and put it back in and put cheese and bacon on top. They are awesome, but making them kinda sucks so I have my gf do it. I like making my own pizza and cheesesteaks.

Quick Reply: What Meal Do You Like to Cook?