CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What is the longest trip you've made (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-longest-trip-youve-made-178/)

sirlimpzalot 11-16-2004 04:39 AM

What is the longest trip you've made

What is the longest trip you have taken on your motorcycle?? I have taken some crazy, LONG rides..South Carolina to Sacramento in 3 days on a FZR600 and back ( in 4 days) and back again.....that is close to 9000 approximate miles done in a span of only 9 months...I rode from South Carolina to Florida, New Jersey, Indianopolis..
That poor little bike was less than a year old and had 60,000 miles on her...I ride about 25,000 miles a year now
I am just curious if I am the only one who is NUTS!!! HA HA[:-]

Duke 11-16-2004 11:38 AM

RE: What is the longest trip you've made

Well Limpz, I haven't done anything nearly as crazy as that!

But I also had a 1990 FZR600 that I took to Illinois in APRIL back in 1992! It was about 35° when I left my house and about the same for the last hour when I came home. About 1 hour down the road, I was going to turn around and come back. My hands were absolutely frozen! I would take turns putting my hands under the fairing by the engine to keep them warm. It was only about a 500 mile trip each way though.

Haven't had much opportunity to do any long trips since.

QuikSilver 11-16-2004 09:26 PM

You're not the only crazy bastard on this site. I rode from Cincinnati to Orlando in one day, just shy of 1000 miles in 16 hours. My quads and hamstrings hurt like hell that night. Nothing a little Beam couldn't take care of though. I then rode back to Cincinnati 3 days later. Cincinnati to New Orleans in one day. I could go on and on. I ride about 15,000 miles every year. If my sex life was like my motorcycle life, I would be a man whore. I contanstly get a different bike every 2 years or so. [sm=icon_beat.gif]

QuiK

sirlimpzalot 11-16-2004 09:49 PM

When I did my cross country trips I would write the mileage down and tape it to my triple tree and then not stop until I hit 1000 miles later!!
I have had around 45 motorcycles myself

NeonspeedRT 11-17-2004 01:39 PM

You two are my hero's. The most i've done is from Jax to daytona or Orlando. Only about 2 hours or so each way. I'm looking foreward to doing some bike road trips this coming summer though.

Baldman 11-17-2004 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: sirlimpzalot

When I did my cross country trips I would write the mileage down and tape it to my triple tree and then not stop until I hit 1000 miles later!!
I have had around 45 motorcycles myself
Must have had one helluva gas tank on that thing to not stop for 1k miles. [sm=smiley2.gif]

I had to stop every 160-180miles to fill up when we did the Saddlesore 1000 ride.

sirlimpzalot 11-18-2004 05:00 AM

That bike would get about 200 miles between fill ups and it was a chance to stretch

girlie600 11-22-2004 02:03 PM

I just got my bike this season and wanted to get some kind of "longer" ride in before I put it away for the winter. So i took a 180mile ride with the b/f it was great....can't wait till the summer! so yeah that was the longest to me so far :) [sm=tongue.gif]