Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What kind of work do you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What kind of work do you guys do?

Hey clemson give me some information on what your day is like. What kind of work the company does?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:19 AM

I am thinking of switching to electrical engineering instead of mechanical but I have to make up my mind soon. What would you do?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Supersteve911

RN...hoping to get into anesthesia school
dude your avatar hypnotizes me...is that the trade secret??? good profession

and CBR04: for what bank and what is your position?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 AM

steve's avatar IS pretty hypnotizing!

cjbettis, i'm with First Southern Bank (regional southern illinois bank) and my position is retail banking manager.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:38 AM

The company i work for is a large business. I work in a plant that manufactures motor control centers. We have a sheet metal fabrication shop that supplies our plant as well as the rest of the US. We also assemble enclosed drives here. My job is in the fabrication area right now so mostly i come up with solutions/designs to improve productivity, processes, and quality. Projects differ. Some concentrate on flow of a product, some are more mechanical such as tooling or fixtures, some is design of parts for customers or things needed for machines. Its a wide open field. With that said, electrical engineers tend to make a little more money. When i got a job i looked for something that would keep me from being behind a computer doing autocad drawings and analysis. I had much rather be in the design, build, and implementation rather than just design. I like electricity/electronics but I like mechanical better because i can see what i'm doing and see results. You cant see electrons flow.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 AM

That's pretty interesting clemson. I'm interested to see how many other people have technology related jobs, since that's the competitive arena that I find myself in . I'm still at my first job outta college, so experience is key, but anywhere I can get some inside track info. I'm all ears.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:51 AM

Thanks clemson that was just what i was looking for.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 AM

I run a Cartridge World, and there coming your way!!

Old 11-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: El Magico

I'm a benefits analyst, but I'm trying to make my way into being a business analyst. Hey don, what kind of stuff you specializing in? I've got my B.A. in information systems.
I'm still in school... so, I'm thinking of finishing with security and I have not even touched it yet, I'd like to get into web page design and maintenance. Those seem to be the marketable ones.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:41 PM

I'm still in school... so, I'm thinking of finishing with security and I have not even touched it yet, I'd like to get into web page design and maintenance. Those seem to be the marketable ones.
You'll probably get more technical training than me, since my degree is business administration with an emphasis in information systems. So its more geared toward the business side of things and how technology can be applied. I'm sure you'd have your plate full if you do get into security.

Quick Reply: What kind of work do you guys do?