Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What earbuds are you guys using to play music while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A4wheelin
Which ones do you have? Are they all the silicone rubber type of buds? Like these?

This style doesn't stay in my ear for ****. I have a set of earbuds with that silicone dome thingy and I hate them.

They are the Smokin'Bud series 31.99 at BBY. not sure about other skullcandy phones, but they give you three different rubber sizes... you can choose what fits you the best. they are gel/rubber, which are nice and soft for LONG periods in the ear. They are curved, which helps stay in my ears, and they fit real nice so they block out A LOT of outside noise... be it on the bike or the mower/weedwacker...

John
BT

Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This style doesn't stay in my ear for ****. I have a set of earbuds with that silicone dome thingy and I hate them.
Any of the earbuds dont stay in my ear either but i use them while riding cause remember they will be under your helmet and get held in place pretty well by your helmet, prviding its snug fitting like it should be

Old 05-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered Users

Not to pop in here and be mr. douchebigg's but uhh Ipod + motorcycle = listening to music and not paying 100% attention to the road...or you'll start riding to that kick *** song twist the throttle and dive into a turn like the eye of a tiger and WHAM! I've only ridden with guy's that had ipod's on twice in my 3 years on a bike, Both of those guy's rode like ****....PERSONALLY i love the sound track of a few thousand rpm's humming between my leg's but cant listen to that either...never know who's gunna jack their brakes while you hum your favorite tune I know lots of guy's do it everyday and all is well but just my 2 cents

Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM

Just bought some JVC in ear head phones today at walmart for 19 bucks. They are the in ear noice canceling kind. They work very well. They sound awesome too.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM

I actually got a set of helmet headphones off ebay for ~$25. They are the best thing i ever bought. they are thin and about 1 3/4 inches across (circle). they actually tuck in behind the lining of the helmet and comfortable as hell. there is also a quick disconnect jack which is right by the chin strap, so the headphones are always in, all you do is connect from mp3 player to the jack. They are more then loud enough too with my ipod. And i used to use headphones but i had a hard time hearing traffic, these work out way better and are way more comfortable.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too rich for my blood sadly. That sounds like an awesome trip you too though! Where did you go?
One of my friends just got a new pair of ebay for $40. Not bad.

We looped around lake Michigan from North West Minnesota. Great time till half way in my buddy's 900RR decided to have it's charging system quit working, and then he broke his only key off in the gas tank... *sigh*

@Sproutf3-

I'm sure you don't listen to your radio in your car either right?

To each his own I guess... but just because you witnessed two D.Bags with music ride like idiots, doesn't mean everybody with music rides like idiot.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Talking

[QUOTE=Sproutf3;790998].......never know who's gunna jack their brakes while you hum your favorite tune

Jacking brakes and being able to hear the tail lights go on is a new one to me? i thought you looked for the lights to turn red, not beep when someone brakes.... I cant believe they gave me a license.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 AM

i use skull candy too. actually i'm not right now cuz I just got a new helmet, and they don't really fit. i hope that changes as the helmet breaks in cuz I like music while I ride.

i think that there is no reason not to ride with them cuz with the noise created by the pipe and wind on the bike I can still only hear the music a little. plus they end up getting pushed out of my ear a little as I put the helmet on, and while riding. that aggravates me. i'm gonna have to research those helmet earphones someone else mentioned.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 PM

i use the helmet speakers as well. i used sony ear buds before that. the helmet speakers are great can hear the music as well as everything else that is going on.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:09 PM

I could never use earbuds. I have been wanting to try the earmolds like someone had mentioned but 180 is two months worth of phones bills. Can't see myself spending that kind of money on headphones.

I think the comfort and audibility of the helmet speakers is the best solution.

Quick Reply: What earbuds are you guys using to play music while riding?