CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What do you think? Just got my plastics. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-do-you-think-just-got-my-plastics-70272/)

dwschultzy 05-31-2008 01:18 AM

What do you think? Just got my plastics.

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry for thecrappy pictures. I just finished installing my long awaited plastics.

What do you think?

I should be getting better pics tommorrow.

Attachment 71861
Attachment 71862
Attachment 71863

Sproutf3 05-31-2008 01:20 AM

RE: What do you think? Just got my plastics.

looks good[8D]

flashman 05-31-2008 01:37 AM

Looks really nice!

FFCBRf4i 05-31-2008 03:27 AM

IMHO, the paint looks off, but it's still such a sexy bike.

Martin_D 05-31-2008 03:55 AM

unique, havent seen another like it

RojerLockless 05-31-2008 04:34 AM

looks weird, good but weird. i'd put some red on the back and some white on the front imo

Northernfirepower 06-03-2008 12:03 PM

Not too bad, I like it. Are those ebay plastics?

dwschultzy 06-03-2008 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Not too bad, I like it. Are those ebay plastics?
Yes. Fittment was a major PITA!!!! All things considered, it turned out pretty good. No complaints here, considering the price of these compaired to the price of OEM plastics.

Northernfirepower 06-03-2008 01:15 PM

I really like the reflective decals that are used. There aren't many people that would be able to tell if their original or not. Good work

redzintimidator 06-03-2008 01:40 PM

looks good..nice work

jdschmidt 06-03-2008 01:47 PM

Ugh, i know what you mean about putting ebay plastics on. my buddy and i spent a solid 3 hours just getting them to line up perfect..but it was worth it. paid $380.00 shipped to my door and now you couldnt even tell they are ebay ones.

Domin8 06-03-2008 01:49 PM

looks nice but im not such a big fan of the top wing being red on the tank but black on the fairing...looks strange to me.

MikeInCtown 06-03-2008 01:56 PM

They look really nice and I like the colors, but I don't get something. It looks like the bottom plastic has a nice cutout, then it's abruptly ended when it gets to the top of the side plastic and there is another cutout in a completely different area. Did the original plastics look like this? It just seems like two completely different parts were fitted together because the cutouts don't line up.

Bumble Bee 06-03-2008 03:15 PM

The paint does look a bit off and there is too much red on the front now IMO, but over all it looks good.

dwschultzy 06-03-2008 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

They look really nice and I like the colors, but I don't get something. It looks like the bottom plastic has a nice cutout, then it's abruptly ended when it gets to the top of the side plastic and there is another cutout in a completely different area. Did the original plastics look like this? It just seems like two completely different parts were fitted together because the cutouts don't line up.
Yes the cutouts are the same as the oem plastics.

dwschultzy 06-03-2008 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

The paint does look a bit off and there is too much red on the front now IMO, but over all it looks good.
I aggree with the front having too much red now. I am thinking of doing some "go faster" decals or doing a Bluefox vinyl job to the upper.

jaynd 06-03-2008 05:47 PM

DW omg i've been waiting to see this ever since you posted the link to what they looked like. let me say this is one HELL OF A BIKE!!!!!! you get my nomitation for ROTM next month....that thing is w/o a doubt unique and just all around kickass looking! way to go on those plastics, they look amazing! i LOVE white on a bike, and w/ that red and black it just kicks ass, bud!

congrats on one sleeeeeeeeeeeeek ride!

FNQuickF2 06-03-2008 07:04 PM

Looks nice! Different!
RB

cwmc29 06-03-2008 08:51 PM

I agree you need more red in the back of the bike. Other than that I think it looks sick. The red, white and black go good together.