Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do you guys about a stealership?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys about a stealership?

Do you guys stick it out, go to another dealer miles away or jump ship and switch brands?

I have had it.

I guess I have to go to a european manufactuer now.

Hope the KTM RC8 turns out to be a kickass bike. And hope the dealership knows what and how to on their machines.

There should be a law or something against crooked dealerships. Word of mouth is not enough. Sooner or later someone gives in so they can have what they want.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Default RE: What do you guys about a stealership?

im lucky enough to have at LEAST 10 differnt dealers to go to within 15 mi. of me
There not all Honda but some of the prices and parts guys are better at differnt ones..
I just had my new tires mounted at harley davidson..

Old 04-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Banned

That sucks dude.

The only Honda dealer we've got here I have been lucky enough to have befriended the parts manager and have enjoyed the relationship, lol. It's nice knowing you're not going to get screwed.

On the other hand I'm not sure there is anything on a bike that I wouldn't at least attempt to fix myself - if it'll fit on a bench my cheap *** is gonna fix it myself.

I guess most of you guys have new bikes with warranty's though (dang), that would suck in that case. Try to befriend them man - it's all you can do. next time you come in have a 12 pack in hand for each of the mechanics, lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 AM

i love having a warranty.. i do the simple **** myself.. but have 3 dealers one an hr away one 30 min away, and the other 20 min away.. i go to the one an hr away for svc because i trust them.. plain and simple..

Old 04-09-2008, 08:09 AM

The main honda dealership in my area pissed me off (specificly the service department). I'll still go back to buy parts and things like that from them... but I take my service elsewhere. There's another non-Honda dealership up the road... for tires and such I use them, repairs and maintenance I do myself, and to keep my warranty in check I'll drive 45 minutes to Shawnee Honda and use them for the valve service that should be coming up in a few months.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

The main honda dealership in my area pissed me off (specificly the service department). I'll still go back to buy parts and things like that from them... but I take my service elsewhere. There's another non-Honda dealership up the road... for tires and such I use them, repairs and maintenance I do myself, and to keep my warranty in check I'll drive 45 minutes to Shawnee Honda and use them for the valve service that should be coming up in a few months.
good ol Sunrise Honda in Shawnee? i cant go out there without playing the daily tourney at Firelake.. lol..

should be hitting my 600mi svc this week.. whoopeeeeee

Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

good ol Sunrise Honda in Shawnee? i cant go out there without playing the daily tourney at Firelake.. lol..

No... never actually heard of Sunrise Honda. There's a HUGE honda dealership (it's new... I don't even know if it's quite a year old yet) called "Shawnee Honda", it's just off the highway. The place is really, really nice.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

No... never actually heard of Sunrise Honda. There's a HUGE honda dealership (it's new... I don't even know if it's quite a year old yet) called "Shawnee Honda", it's just off the highway. The place is really, really nice.
Same place.. i just call it Sunrise because its owned by the same people who own Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR <---where i got my F4 serviced while working in AR

Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 AM

I got a good friend who's a stunter and professional mechanic, and I trust him with my life because he always works on his bikes himself and he abuses them so bad and he never had a mechanical problem, ever. I help to learn how and now he's helping me with my bike now... I'd say try to be-friend a local garage mechanic that works on bikes and trust them more than the dealership. These types of guys wrench on bikes because they have a passion for it and not necessarily to make $, so that would be the way to go for me.

Try posting on your local Craigslist..."Looking For Trust Worthy Bike Mechanic" or something...

Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 PM

i have 2 honda dealers kinda close to me,im pissed at the closet because they turned that store into a can am store and moved the honda dealership out to where the rich ****`s live.the other is kind of a pita to get to but good people.i have a kaw/suzuki dealer i buy non honda stuff from,they are good folks too.

Quick Reply: What do you guys about a stealership?