Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What an awsome weekend for riding!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What an awsome weekend for riding!

Ahhh yes great times indeed A buddy of mine from Orlando came up here friday night to his parents house just north of Atlanta, so he called me up and said come on over. So I met up with him a few other people sat morn, and we went riding up in the mountains all day long and had a blast! When it started to get dark, my buddy and I headed back to his parents house for their annual x-mas party thingy that they always have.... that was fun. Got up late sun morn and my buddy had to head back to Orlando, so I headed out to do some exploring, and spent all day up in the hills once again! [8D]

The weather was absolutely PERFECT!! Only part that sucked was the roads were really wet yesterday, and some still were today but not nearly as bad. Yesterday it was 71 degrees, kinda overcast and pretty foggy in some spots. I actually had to slow down pretty far at one point cuz I couldn't see through the fog with my tinted visor on. It wasn't that bad though. Today (sun) was picture perfect beautiful.... 76 degrees and sunny up in the mountains.... you just can't beat that! It was so nice to be able to wear my leathers without a few layers of sweaters and thermals underneath (read: I can actually move), and still not be cold or shivering, nor sweating.... just perfect! I went out to explore a few new roads that I've been meaning to get to for a couple weeks now but haven't had the chance to. I went up 129 to the top of Blood Mtn and stopped at the hiking store at the top and actually ran into the group I usually ride with on the weekends up there, LOL. Then I went to the top of Brasstown Bald Mtn (highest point in GA), and then on to the new unridden [by me] promise land

Anyways, regretfully I have no pictures from the ride... I forgot my camera, plus the battery is dead and memory stick is full anyways[&:] I apologize profusely (sp?)... but I did make a map of our routes

Saturday.... I think there were a few other roads on there too but I forget exactly
Name:  map1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  89.7 KB

Sunday... my buddys house is Point A, my house is Point B. Soooo yea I guess you could say I took the long way home, hahah
Name:  map2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  186.7 KB

And this is the new roads I found today, and they are both KICK ***!! [sm=hail.gif]
Name:  map3.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  85.6 KB

As soon as I get a 12v plug and a power inverter on my bike I'm gonna start making some videos to post too. I wish I had some pics, cuz these roads were awsome! GA 197 goes right along Lake Burton, and there's some beautiful houses along there, not to mention the sweet curves and hills, lol

Just thought I'd share in my happiness..... got to see my buddy and his family again, and got in 2 days of riding in the most perfect weather imaginable.... it was truly a GREAT weekend![sm=happybounce.gif][sm=signs007.gif]

Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What an awsome weekend for riding!

I hate you lol. not really but wish my bike was fixed (soon will be) so I can ride. Looked like a fun n enjoyable ride.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're trying to rub it in...

This is about what it looks like where I am, only there's roads and idiot drivers as well as trees...

So, really, you can take your 'perfect weather' and shove it

...I mean shovel it, cause that's what I'm doing [&o]

Old 12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=sorry.gif]

Hey if it makes you feel any better... I did freeze my ***** off thursday night when I rode back home from downtown Atlanta.... it was 34 degrees, about an hour and a half ride [&:]

Old 12-09-2007, 10:43 PM

Yeah, I agree with what Spirit said. You and your beautiful weather can burn in hell. Last night iced Michigan up. I wish I could ride.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Retired Moderator

Jared, so you rode right by my house and didn't even call or stop by for some sweet tea?! [&:] And, No you freaks, that's not a euphemism for anything ... I really just mean sweet iced tea! [8D] Actually, I wasn't there anyway lol, I was out riding but would've met up with you had I known in you where in the area. Next time give a brother a call

Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM

Go fornicate yourself with a hot iron spiked rod. Just kidding(Sort of)

My bike was apart and has been for the past month with no bike to ride. On top of that 5 of my friends have just bought bikes with more about to follow. So while I'm the one who gave them all a hit of the crack pipe I have no crack for myself. And while out running errands and paying bills I saw bikes everywhere. It was horrible.

It's one thing to be surrounded by snow and seeing no other bikes. It's another to be surrounded by them in perfect weather.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 AM

yea, its snowy and icy in CO.....so this needs to be the LAST "what a great riding weekend" post until May, okay??

Sincerely,

one disgruntled (and COLD) rider

Old 12-10-2007, 06:47 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Jared, so you rode right by my house and didn't even call or stop by for some sweet tea?! [&:] And, No you freaks, that's not a euphemism for anything ... I really just mean sweet iced tea! [8D] Actually, I wasn't there anyway lol, I was out riding but would've met up with you had I known in you where in the area. Next time give a brother a call
wait a second you drive right by my house too you selfish...nevermind that just call me next time so I can jump on the bandwagon

Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 AM

Good stuff! I had a great ride yesterday too. Overcast and about 70, was great for riding, minus the rain we caught up to on the way back. We ended up heading out to the #1 rated route in texas, 337. I had never ridden the road before, but it was a blast. Definitely gotta keep your head on a swivel out there though. Here is our route we took out there...

http://tinyurl.com/3y5q9y

This is a video, not ours, but one I found of the route. The good part of the route begins at around 4:40, and I wish he would have had more film because there is 12 miles of that ****, constant blind corners. Truly an awesome ride. I really need a video camera for this route.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BerSpR39-X0

Quick Reply: What an awsome weekend for riding!