Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what is it about gixxers???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what is it about gixxers???

Gixxer squids dont wear armor cause they just spent all their money on the first payment for their brand new bike.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 PM

Well with Profesional Track Riders who weigh 110lbs and are 5'5", on closed prepped race tracks, with Dynos on hand where the only number that matters is the PeakHP number(Not the curve). Then the GSXR is usually on top. Which is why the Suzuki revs to about 15k when I think the Hondas are under that. Yet I think a Honda will have more Pop out of a twisty.

Suzuki's are easier to get finaced and that's why I think they are really popular. I remember when I was looking for a bike(At 22 with 1 co-sign on a vehicle and a 680 credit score) I couldn't get financed for anything. The first bike I tried for was an 07 Kawasaki KLR650 Dual sport. I had $2,000 to put down and I told them they could rape me on interest. Still couldn't get financed due to no credit history. I did look into the Yamaha's 1st time buyers program and they were going to get me a FZ6 with 21% financing. So I said F'that. Which I found a used Yamaha SecaII for $1500 that I paid cash for until I got my F3.

Anyways at that time if the only bike I could have gotten financed for was a Turboed Hayabusa then I'd probably be throwing my leg over the Turboed Hayabusa.

I will give Suzuki 1 thing. They have an AWESOME bike selection for whatever your riding style. In my group of riders(That equal about 12) we have a 2001 GSXR600(Which he rides very conservatively), 07 V-strom 1000, 08 SV650s, 07 Hayabusa, 06 Katana600, 97 Katana 600, and a buddy about to get a SV1000. All had leather and textile gear on order the same day they got their bikes.

I will also say that my next bike(A couple years down the road) will probably be a GSXR750 unless Honda/Kawi/Yamaha come out with something to compete. That or a DRZ400 Dual-sport(Not the SUpermotard)

Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed the same thing. For some reason, GSX-R's are the most sought-after bike for the common squid and new riders. I think it's to do with the type of people that buy GSX-R's. It's not that they're bad bikes, but the majority of people who buy them seem to be squid-ish and/or the thickheaded "I'm invincible" type. And not to mention, you have the recommendations. One squid buys a "gixxer", and recommends it to another squid (because usually squids hang out with other squids) Then it just snowballs from there.

And I'm not saying that everyone with a GSX-R is a squid, but just about every single person that has a GSX-R that I've met has been a HUGE douchebag or squid beyond belief.....therefore these bikes leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 PM

I think its a good time to do some squidly riding tonight. Its too late to stop me! By the time you finish reading this post Nauree is wheeling down the driveway and unnecessarly reving the bike down the street.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ LOL.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:29 PM

ahahahahahahahhaha!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator

I have a hard timecrowning one make of bikewiththe exclusive "squid" title. I think we have all seen a$$holes on every make and model. In fact, today I was driving home in my truck, and I saw a guy on a Yamaha (I think), riding a wheelie going the opposite way on one of our highways (199). It was during five o'clock traffic, and I turned my head to watch...instead of watching the traffic infront of me.I couldn't believe it, and I was so hoping a Statey was present (but they weren't). Idiots comeon all sizes and all makes, and that is what gives us the stigma we are ALL branded with. Just be sure not to add to it when you ride.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ True, but it seems like there's more on GSX-R's.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:42 PM

^^^^^ and does that mean they're insurance rates are higher?

Old 03-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Retired Moderator

I guess you are right, Foxy. When you say the word "Gixxer", it leaves a foreign taste...and not agood one. Is that because there is a propensity for jackasses to ride a Zuk? Maybe...I just can't honestly decide. I live in a pretty small community, so I am not exposed to many sportbike riders. Mostly Harley dudes...and they seem like the most stupid people riding. Around here, they don't wear good helmets, don't wear good jackets or gloves, have a few beers and ride, and are more concerned about image than the spiritual aspect of riding. Maybe if we owned something other than a Honda, we would have a different perspective. It makes me think of a great addage, "walk a mile in another man's shoes."

Quick Reply: what is it about gixxers???