Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What the...?!

Old 10-18-2014, 03:25 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DRam, copy the address from Youtube, use the "Insert Link" button (beside the blue A font button) , backspace over the "http" that is already sitting there (because your 'copy' from Youtube will already have http included). Right click, paste. Job done.

Unless, of course you're a Mac user. In that case it will be so hard and difficult, that it's not even worth trying to attempt it.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Mac, using Windows Vista. There is no 'Font Blue A', no 'Insert Link' anywhere on the Go Advanced Page. Only 'Send Trackbacks', 'Post Icons', 'Miscellaneous Options' (which include Automatic Parsing, Automatic Embed Media and Automatic Retrieve Titles, all of which are checked) 'Attach Files', 'Thread Subscription', and 'Rate Thread'.

Is it possible a setting has been missed somewhere in my User CP? I checked there and find nothing that seems relevant, but have been known to miss the obvious at times.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all else fails you can write the code by hand but you should see a globe icon with a few chainlinks below/in front, that is the link button. You should get two URL texts in square brackets similar to the ones used to post images.

If you for some reason do not have it write: (URL)youtubelinkhere(/URL) only replace the brackets with the square ones, can't put them to the example cause it will think it's a command line.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Default Re: What the . . .

Thanks. As a reward for your help here is an example of two artists I grew up listening to, and one discovered later in life. I know Shadow has heard them, most likely everyone on earth has heard Elvis.

Last edited by DRam; 10-18-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: multiple posting of the same video.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM

From Yello "Stella" - Domingo De Santa Clara

And this from Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me.
My son told me if I knew what the lyrics meant I'd hate the song. I assume it has to do with drugs or sex. Or drugs and sex. But I like it anyway.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:42 AM

Some good stuff there DRam. The choices I spoke of are all available in "Post Quick Reply" .

Maybe a difference because I use Firefox as my browser????

Some minutes later: just went and checked the "Go Advanced" page. It is laid out a bit differently.

So maybe DRam if you learn how to drive the "Post Quick Reply" in a competent fashion we can work with you to drive the "Advanced Reply" page.

Not that you need it, if you feel the need to take the p1ss out of me, that can be done quite adequately in Quick Reply

Last edited by kiwi TK; 10-19-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:10 PM

Strange. I too am using FireFox. The Quick Reply gives me no options other than 'Quote Message in Reply'.

I have checked out 'New Reply' and 'Go Advanced', they are the same and offer only the options listed in a previous post here.

Perhaps if I open the site in Windows Explorer? I'll try that and report back.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:16 PM

Internet Explorer gives me the same as FireFox. No options other than those listed above.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:38 AM

Does it look like this DRam?, Insert Link button highlighted. (In a very poor Photoshop "using my mouse, is much like painting with a brick" fashion)

What the...?!-clipboard01.jpg

Last edited by kiwi TK; 10-20-2014 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:40 AM

Nope. Like this:

Attached Thumbnails What the...?!-rapid-reply-web.jpg  

Search this Thread