Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

went down last night (added pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:55 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went down last night (added pics)

I dropped it last night after hitting a construction area that did not properly contain their erosion. It was about 10 pm there were no street lights and I have a tinted visor, As I turned the bend in the street about half to a third of my lane was covered in mud. I was going maybe 35mph and didn't see it until I hit it (My fault for poor visibility on my end). I knew I would low side if I kept in the turn so I straightend it out to try to ride into the lot (no curbs in this area). It was going good until the bike sank about 6-8 inches in mud and stopped it like an emergancy brake and threw me over the bars.

The bike came out of it with minimal damage because of the mud. broke right mirror off the bike, scratched and shattered the left, broken wind screen and surface scratches to the left faring and tank.

I landed on my left hip with sorness no bruising, had lid,jacket, gloves and boots.

Later today im going to go back to the area take some pics, file a police report and get in touch with the construction company to see if they will pay the repair bill. Don't want to turn it into my insurance due to min damage.

Pics of the bike tomorrow.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Default RE: went down last night

Thats lame..They better pay for it.. If not get a lawyer.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:02 PM

Sorry to hear this man...i thoght that you got some last night...lol. good thing that you are ok.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:28 PM

ah that sucks. hopefully they pay the bill. it just makes sense for them to pay it. but you should go take pictures like right now.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 PM

Sorry about that. Poor bike took a mud bath...can the police even do anything if it's the next day and there's no witnesses? I hope so, but with all the economic woe of late, I just can't see a construction company being remotely interested in seeing your side without being forced to.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks to hear RCR. glad to hear you came out of it ok. im gonna ship you a clear visor .

in the past few months here i've seen dump trucks lose their load (not in person, but it was obvious it had just happened) and there has been dirt and gravel covering the road.

keep us informed on how this turns out. good luck, brother.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, got my sympathy, not the 1st story of heard about road rash thanks to someone else's incompetence. Just have good look over your bike to, take the pics, but get it cleaned ASAP, some of that mud can get it places while liquid & then set like concrete.
Wish you guys would stop posting threads with headings like 'went down last night'. I'm constantly disappointed

Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 PM

wow man that sucks. I have rode a few times with my mirror visor at night (when I forget to bring my clear) and that **** sucks! def something I always remember to bring now.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 PM

I can not even ride at dusk with my smoke visor. But when i had my bike still i would ALWAYS have a backpack with me with tools, celear visor, first aid, water just junk. So i made sure i didnt ride at night with one. I have a spare clear one for an icon helmet if you need one RCR. Just pm me your adress or something.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll loose your case soon as you mention the tinted visor.

Sorry to hear tho n glad you are ok. Lost a friend tonight, so I am bummed out already.

Quick Reply: went down last night (added pics)