Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Went to the dealership today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the dealership today.

So I went to the dealership today to browse at the used hondas and they only had 1000rr's in their used inventory but they had a row of new 600rr's and I decided to see how they felt... and I think I'm in love with them.. Those bikes are super light, damn. I wasn't thinking of buying a new bike cause of the money but after getting to mess around with one of the grafitti editions up close I think I've made up my mind. I'm actually going out this monday to find a job so I can not hurt myself for spending that much money.. This is going to be the first thing that I've bought new. I always buy used and deal in cash.. Any suggestions for how to do it? I don't want to get ripped off. Should I pay with cash or is it a better idea to finance? I'm pretty young and have 0 credit so I thought maybe it could be a good idea as an opportunity to change that.. I'm not sure really. What do you think?

Old 08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Went to the dealership today.

w/ zero credit you'll prob. need a co-signer.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

How old are you? If you're young...under twenty or so... I'd put as some down...say at least half if you can and finance the rest just to get a credit score started for you. That credit score is going to be one of the most important numbers in your life soon and you'll need a good one if you ever want to buy property, or a house, or something else big. I know it sucks paying interest on something, but you've got to start somewhere...

Old 08-02-2008, 10:04 PM

Well I have enough cash just to buy it out right.. I've just never bought anything from a dealership before cept for a used car..this is just my first experience actually wanting anything new. Co-signer wouldn't be a problem anyhow.. my parents trust me pretty well. Would paying with cash help lower the price of a new bike or help you get anything else cheaper? I dunno.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:17 PM
VP

long story short, build your credit as soon as you can. Never miss a payment, and pay every loan off in full before it's due.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

and pay every loan off in full before it's due.

man i suck at that... but i bet we all do

Old 08-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i paid off my F4i in a year ($5k loan). i've never taken the full amount of time to pay off a loan. i have spotless perfect credit. take everyone's advice and take this time to build your credit......its important!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

and pay every loan off in full before it's due.

man i suck at that... but i bet we all do
Never have I been late on a payment for any of my bills.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

Well I have enough cash just to buy it out right.. I've just never bought anything from a dealership before cept for a used car..this is just my first experience actually wanting anything new. Co-signer wouldn't be a problem anyhow.. my parents trust me pretty well. Would paying with cash help lower the price of a new bike or help you get anything else cheaper? I dunno.
It really depends on the dealership's situation. The bottom-line is that dealership makes more money when buyers finance (from interest), rather than selling to someone paying cash.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:52 PM

Ok well I won't miss a payment as I'm going to just start another bank acct and just have it automatically done I guess. I just really don't want to finance since I'm used to getting good deals on things... Just feel l i k e I'm gonna regret buying new.. these 08's are just so damn pretty though. Hate to say it.. but they had a 07 GSXR750 for 4500. Nothing was wrong with it but it had high miles. I don't know.. it's one hell of a deal esp. at a dealership and I l i k e hondas so much. I could always but that one to resell and earn money to get gear for my honda :P I don't know I'm just torn with the issue of financing since I can buy the thing with cash and I'm not used to paying any "normal" price for things. I just dig around for deals.

Quick Reply: Went to the dealership today.