Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well, That Was the Saddest Birthday Party Ever...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, That Was the Saddest Birthday Party Ever...

My wife's b'day is on the 30th, so we decided to have her party tonight. We invited around 20 people. Only 4 came. Two of whom weren't originally invited. I feel bad. The timing sucks for a birthday party, but she still deserves a nice get-together. Oh well. I guess I really have to try to put together something special for her next year.

Damn it, I couldn't even crack, open the magnum of Heineken I was planning on drinking. Ugh, party's over, and now the two year old is waking up with a hell of a cough... Parties were better before we decided to have kids. LOL.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Well, That Was the Saddest Birthday Party Ever...

For those who´s birthday lands on the holidays, it's usually best to wait a few weeks into January, or after Valentine's day. Tell her I said happy b-day.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Damn George I'm sorry to hear that. This is a very bad time of year to have a birthday. Most people just wore out from holiday parties, but it was very inconsiderate for them to at least not have notified you that they weren't coming and partying will have of course been better. When we had little to no responsibilities, other than to ourselves. I love the company of good friends but I cherish the time spent with my son, even more happy birthday to the wife George

Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

maybe you should try and make it up by taking her out and showing her that she is the most special person in your life no matter what. wether its 100 people or just youin the room..all she needs to know is that you love her and would do anything for her. sometimes as guys we think that our women know this already but ive never met a girl who doesnt like being reminded of why they fell in love with us...

Old 12-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

maybe you should try and make it up by taking her out and showing her that she is the most special person in your life no matter what. wether its 100 people or just youin the room..all she needs to know is that you love her and would do anything for her. sometimes as guys we think that our women know this already but ive never met a girl who doesnt like being reminded of why they fell in love with us...
best perspective I've heard on this subject in a very long time my hats off to you brother

Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 PM

strip for her lmao bt yea dude that sucks, like you said, timing. Evryones with their family and what not. idk, mayb try another date?

Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 AM
RCR

Freinds they could be better sometimes. Sorry to here

Old 12-28-2008, 02:51 AM

I hear yapain, I was born on july 3rd, imagine as a kid trying to get a b-day party going onthe day before the 4th of july, I leaned to wait 2 weeks after to have a party, now it kinda works in my favor cause I make a 4th of july/ b-day party which is fun, honestly I haven't had a party in a few years though, just don't care anymore, just another day to me

Old 12-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Banned

My youngest son was born on Christmas eve and came out of the womb pissed and screaming at the top of his lungs. The doctor said that was because he realized how much he was going to be jipped out of birthday parties and presents...lol. I usually have his party a full week before Christmas to make it it's own special day and then do something special with him on 24th on his actual birthday.

Sorry your party bombed, but HAVOC has the best idea I've seen yet. You don't need other people around to show her how special she is and how much she means to you.

Quick Reply: Well, That Was the Saddest Birthday Party Ever...