Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well, I did it! I am a lawyer....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I did it! I am a lawyer....

I just got my bar results in. They came in at 12:01 this morning. They said we would find out the first two weeks of October and they delivered, haha. So ends my long legal scholastic journey. LSAT, three years of law school, two and half months of studying for the bar, and then waiting two months to see if I passed.

I am officially a lawyer now, I can't tell you how great it feels. Now it's time to start paying back my six-figure school loan [:'(].

Signing off,

Anthony E. Anderson, Esq.

(awesome, I will never add the Esq. to my name ever again, but I had to do it once!)

Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Default RE: Well, I did it! I am a lawyer....

Congratulations!!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:17 AM

ok i need your serivces dude.......i swear she told me she was 18....... lmao :P

Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 AM

Hey thats great man congratulations! What's the difference between a porcupine and a Mercedes Benz full of lawyers?

The porcupine has ****** on the outside.
JUST KIDDING!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered Users

haha...thanks for the kind words...and bring on the lawyer jokes....i have been hearing 'em from my buddies for the last three years!! i wish i had my favorites (have ones stored in a box that i like)...i would post em up...

oh and if anyone cares....i practice patent law sooooo, no litigation work yet....maybe within the next few years....

Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 AM

You must have skipped the classes on fantasy football...

Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered Users

haha....tenneSHE....looks like i am winning this week there buddy....2-2....it's respectable...and don't worry...LT will EVENTUALLY break out..damn what's wrong with him...ugh....

Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

haha...thanks for the kind words...and bring on the lawyer jokes....i have been hearing 'em from my buddies for the last three years!! i wish i had my favorites (have ones stored in a box that i like)...i would post em up...

oh and if anyone cares....i practice patent law sooooo, no litigation work yet....maybe within the next few years....
patent law...no ****?!?

That's what i been contemplating to do once i motivate myself and have some $$$ saved up for it.

Question: Was your prior education in engineering?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Users

yep...i do patent prosecution at a law firm in downtown chicago...primarily lasers, telecom, electrical circuits, and computer stuff....

i have a degree in computer engineering and worked as a network/system administrator at a medium size corporation for three years prior to going to law school....

if you have any questions, you can pm me or talk on the phone if you want....patent law is an interesting beast....lol....only way i can explain it...

Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Retired Moderator

Just when you think all lawyers are snakes in the grass...this totally confirms it!!! Hahaha...gongrats, my friend. That is alot of hard work. I have this ***** enlarger...uhhhh, that my friend invented...I'll give you a call about it...I mean have HIM give you a call...[&:]

Quick Reply: Well, I did it! I am a lawyer....