Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well boys & girls, I crashed last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well boys & girls, I crashed last night

Had to get to a meeting for 7pm so I leave my house and just heading into the city. Traffic in this country is ***** around that time so I see all the cars ahead slowing to a complete stop and puttin the hazards on. I was on the fast lane and the car in front of me brakes hard and so i move to the shoulder doing about a 100km/h. As i started slowing down this mother****ing Nissan Armada a car in front of me decided to pull onto the shoudler as well.

I was like **** he did not just do that. So i start slamming the both brakes as hard as i possibly could without flipping over, there was just no where to escape and the car was right in front of me. I'm about 1.5 meters away and i decide to give more front brakes and the ****ing back tyre comes up. Everything was happening too fast so to stop myself from flipping over I let go off the brake and as the wheel is coming down i slam into his left taillight and bounce into the barrier to my left.

My right mirror broke off from the impact , and I scratches to the right fairing from the impact, and the left is pretty scratched up from scraping the highway. Clutch lever slightly bent. Physically, all I got was a cut finger, ripped right glove, bruises and some rash to my left arm and to the left of my chest and rib cage from the impact to the barrier.

The guy i hit was unapologetic (UAE National) and just wanted to get to his brother's wedding. Cops showed up about an hour later and the cop being a UAE national as well put it on me and kept on joking that he wants to hold my bike for a month, some ****ing law, mother****er. So looks like i'll be paying for my own repairs.

None of the fairing are broken or cracked just decal damage and lots of scratches. How can I go about fixing this myself as I am clueless? Dropped the bike off at Honda today so they can open her up and have a look but it was driving fine. Also ordered all the decals i ****ed up and told them I'll look into repairing the scratches myself. Getting a new mirror and clutch lever as well. Moral of the story is I got lucky. Only protection i had on was gloves and my helmet. My girlfriend is on the verge of dumping me since i called her right after it happened and she came and saw me in shock, and sucks that I had to put her through that but shes the best.

Anyhoo, lesson learned, I'll be slowing down much sooner from now on.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Default RE: Well boys & girls, I crashed last night

Well at least you are here to tell the story, and it could have been alot worse..glad you are ok (mostly)

Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM

Ouch tough luck man. Glad to hear you're not too banged up, could have been a lot worse.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:10 PM

Glad your ok.
I would not have the ***** to go over 100KM an hour without a Jacket on.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:01 PM

That sucks dude. I understand what you did to avoid crashing into the guy in the fast lane but since you got into the accident on the shoulder it was easy to pin it on you. Did you explain to the cop that you ended up on the shoulder because of the guy in the fast lane stopping in front of you?

Old 09-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're o.k. Hope you get her fixed up soon.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:45 PM

Damn that sucks , glad your ok.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM

Dude you're a soldier. The way you describe it and the way I picture it in my head, I'd imagine it'd be worse. But, I'm with the others...glad you're okay...and that blows!

Old 09-22-2005, 11:14 PM

of course the cop will put it on you, cuz you were behind the other car. My lil bro got tboned by a minivan in an f150 and the van pushed him down the street, over a curb, into someones front yard, and the cop said, you were only doing 25mph right mam. She was on her cell phone, never hit the brakes and was going 2-3 times the speed limit to have enough momentum to rip the driveline clear out of the f150.

I hate cops for **** like that. Of course my bro took 100% of the fault because the cop was a dick, even tho the chick was driving recklessly, and theres no way the physics of the crash even make sense.

Glad to hear you are ok and your bike is still ridable, sounds like when you downed it you were almost to a stop

Old 09-23-2005, 05:20 AM

You guys are right, i guess if he had hit me in the fast lane it would have been his fault. Its all just a blur now, seems so unreal. I usually learn everything the hard way. I broke my back 4 years ago snowboarding but thats a story for another time. Thank you all for your support. I'm dropping by Honda tomorrow so might be back on the bike then. Getting a set of Diablo Corsa's next week and an undertail is in the mail, so its all good.

Quick Reply: Well boys & girls, I crashed last night