Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wearing your jacket in the off season?? yes.. no

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wearing your jacket in the off season?? yes.. no

Just wondering if its cool or not to wear your bike jacket when its out of season... like right now its winter and my bike is stored. Everyday I see that $400 leather jacket hanging there and I never wear it, only on my bike. The thing looks cool as hell and im tempted to wear the thing. I just dont want to look like a turd wearing a bike jacket around. If it wasn't for the pads in it I would have no problem wearing it. So is it okay to wear the thing or would I look like a tool.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Wearing your jacket in the off season?? yes.. no

i do its a lot of money just to hang there. awkward to drive in back protector gets in the way. or you can just take the armour out.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear mine all year but I also ride all year living in Las Vegas. But I never wear it unless I'm on my bike. Just like my boots and helmet.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:52 PM

boots and helmet would look a bit silly in the pub, but a jacket is for wearing might as well look pretty on my back than a clothes peg.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:34 PM

As long as you're not causing anyone else harm, do as you like. If the armour can be removed, it might be a good idea as it's inconvenient.. I don't wear mine - not because I care what other people think - but because I have other coats and jackets I like to wear. Also my cold weather gear gets pretty darned hot when off the bike.
Terry

Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 PM

My back protector I can remove but the elbows and shoulder pads I can not. I wish I could. It is the only nice leather jacket I had so maybe I'll give it a try.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 AM

RR Rider where in Vegas do you live? I used to live up near Summerline. I sure do Miss vegas. Las Vegas Extreme's rule... ( JO JO )
Sorry moderaters should have put this in off topic.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:36 AM

i don't wear mine..although I could Alpine stars (mine is the grey/black)
and the elbow and back armour is removable.. I just have other jackets..and i aloso bought mine snug..(safer) and with the cold weatehr I wear layers thusmaking my jacket snug...blah.

But hey to each his own

Old 01-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree to each his own. And that was just my thoughts of seeing someone get out of a car with a jacket with armour in it would abit crazy to me. Summerline is my home also!(Buffalo & Vegas)

Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 PM

well... i never drive my car anymore unless its raining, i ride to work everyday. so i guess you can say i wear it out... but its not fair because i ride everyday too... iunno i'd feel weird if i didnt' have a helmet in my hand walking around with my gear on haha

Quick Reply: Wearing your jacket in the off season?? yes.. no