Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wave to scooters?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wave to scooters?

^ Two finger salute to the ground is not girlie.

Nauree, that is understandable. It does seem pretty redundant when you have to keep waving, but if it impedes your riding, fugg it. There is some kind of bike always passing here, esp recently with gas prices.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am seeing more and more ladies on scoots lately. Yesterday, I saw a lady on a pink one with pink luggage/case on the back, and a pink helmet. All she needed was a pink scarf and a place for a Chihuahua with pink eye goggles. That would be cool!

P.S. At least I hope it was a lady...

Old 08-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

****, now we're ankle deep in Souf Effricans.......
Greetings from banana country, Duke CBR !
For the record - Valentino Rossi learned to ride a scooter in his home village of Tavullia.
AND STILL RIDES A SCOOTER off the track.
Does this mean he's not worthy of a wave ?
I wave at EVERYBODY on two wheels, even the scooters. Someone has to teach them about the Code - if we don't, who will ?
Oh, and if that's "girlie" - it's hard to see a nod when you're going "***** to the wall" down the M7 !

Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Well said Shadow1, and greetings from a little outside the Mother City.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Funny story, I got a buddy who rolled up on a cream pink vespa, for what its worth, it was a high dollar kick *** vespa, but cream pink with black leather trim with the twin tractor sprung seats............story is, his neighbor won it in a raffle at a breast cancer event, now shes an old lady and would never ride the thing and she offered it to my buddy for 1K$, damn things like a 7K scooter, so he jumped on it. He was going to paint it, but after riding around for a bit, he found chicks really dig the thing, I'm not ****tin you, this scooter pulls more *** than a tiolet seat so he left it pink.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 PM

I don't mind...

it makes me feel superior. lol.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM

mopeds are cool in there own right. **** one day i was out riding around the lake in my hometown and a herd of mopeds just ties in with me...i let them for awhie then shifted into second and was on my way. even nicky hayden rides a moped...to bad he is going to ducati though

Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 PM

wow what a can of worms I opened!!! shoulda kept my damn mouth shut!!! I guess its a lil different here. I live in a college town, and every person I talk to that has one is one of those vegan save the world hippies. If you are one I mean you no offense, but most of them round herejust have em to support their image of world saver. Thats why I get the stereotype about em. I also drive a truck, and god forbid they hear that!! Its WW3 on our environment!! And global waring is COMPLETLEY my fault and nobody else's!! Then I tell em that I chopped off the cat!! [sm=shades.gif] Theybrag that their scooter getsXXMPG andthey're better then everyone cuz of it. I guess thats why I dont like em, gota bad taste in my mouth. I NEVER mess with em, harass em, or whatever, I just don't wave.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Why the heck not?Why does it have to be a scooter vs motorcycle thing.. Harley vs "other" bikes, crotch rockets vs cruisers.. Shall we break it down by CC? Should a 600cc rider wave to a 250cc rider?

One biker waves at another becase we are all members of a "club". The club of people who have taken to the streets on an open, 2 wheeled vehicle, and know the freedom and dangersthereof. Its a shame to attempt to segragate everyone into groups for the sake of vehicle type, brand,capabilities,or speed. That moped rider will very likely move up to a real bike some day. He'll be the same guy you wouldn't wave to before because he was riding a scooter or moped.

Quick Reply: Wave to scooters?