Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Watch Out for Potholes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch Out for Potholes!

If you live in the any of the Northern states, you know what I'm talking about. I hit one in the car yesterday that would have definitely caused at least a bent rim (if I was lucky) on a bike. Actually, It was big enough that I think I could have hidden a body in that f#cker! Be careful out there!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Default RE: Watch Out for Potholes!

You haven't seen anything til you come to Michigan. Our state has no money so our roads look like they have been carpet bombed. I'd actually prefer to be on the bike because it's to the point that I can't swerve to miss them in the car without hitting another one. The bike can swerve and go in between and be ok as long as I know they're there. [&:]

Old 03-03-2008, 08:24 AM

Here in NE Ohio the roads are bad. It does look like bombs got dropped on them. I'm not going to be able to ride in a stright line for more then 50 feet LOL! it's really not funny-it's very bad.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing we do have here in the UK are very good roads, out in the country they're mostly beautifully smooth like a race track...long windy smooth tarmac...perfect!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

One thing we do have here in the UK are very good roads, out in the country they're mostly beautifully smooth like a race track...long windy smooth tarmac...perfect!
Your lucky. I would love to have roads like that. The snow plows kill the roads here.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Your lucky. I would love to have roads like that. The snow plows kill the roads here.
Move to Texas. 90% of the roads are in great condition, and most of the state wouldn't even recognize a snow plow.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 AM

drive to OK and youll see. Lrn2Go and Okiezac know wtf im talking about.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Well, I guess we should head on over the big pond or atleast, head to TX!

New England sucks right about now.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 PM

The main road that my street is off of you can not drive in a stright line and it was not that bad before winter. The bad roads have been all over the news around here talking about all the damges that have been done to cars due to them this winter. You should have seen some of the cracked wheels.

I love my house and I have a good job, but if something happens to my job I may start looking in other states. My Dad lives in FL so that is alway an option.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
VP

Screw Atlanta... if you get going more than 15 miles per hour there's a pot hole every 50 feet to dodge

Quick Reply: Watch Out for Potholes!