Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

VOODOO be jealous! Check out what i did tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOODOO be jealous! Check out what i did tonight...

To those of you who dont play guitar or listen to what i consider "great music" then this is going to mean nothing to you..

Voodoo im assuming you will like this..

sorry the picture is poor it was taken on my phone.. but the sound is pretty good, and i got most of this song which is sick!!

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...21-08_2045.flv

the one the only the Taj... he just played here tonight, just got home.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Default RE: VOODOO be jealous! Check out what i did tonight...

wtf is that ****.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Dude its Taj Mahal!!! Let me educate you.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal_(musician)

Old 02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Retired Moderator

Oki...thank you, bro! I didn't realize you were a blues fan. That was awesome, my man. You knowwhat i love about the blues? It is all about emotion. Take BB or Buddy Guy for example. They put more emotion into ONE note than many put into a flurry of "guitar wizardry". I would rather listen to Buddy Guy, or Albert Collins, or Robert Cray any day of the week than Sir Edward Van Halen. I am going to see Johnny Winter thisSaturday, so I am not so jealous...otherwise I would hate you . Guys to check out, if you haven't already, are Tab Benoit, Walter Trout, Derek Trucks,Joe Bonamassa, and Ian Moore (first two albums). They will make you very happy! Great post...

Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Oki...thank you, bro! I didn't realize you were a blues fan. That was awesome, my man. You knowwhat i love about the blues? It is all about emotion. Take BB or Buddy Guy for example. They put more emotion into ONE note than many put into a flurry of "guitar wizardry". I would rather listen to Buddy Guy, or Albert Collins, or Robert Cray any day of the week than Sir Edward Van Halen. I am going to see Johnny Winter thisSaturday, so I am not so jealous...otherwise I would hate you . Guys to check out, if you haven't already, are Tab Benoit, Walter Trout, Derek Trucks,Joe Bonamassa, and Ian Moore (first two albums). They will make you very happy! Great post...
Thought you might enjoy that.. Seen Derek Trucks 4 times.. and i will add the rest to my list of to see show!

I go see North Mississippi Allstars as many times as i can check this out.. and try and see them if they ever come up your way..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih7eRliom2s His name is Luther Dickinson.. hes one of the sickest guitar players of "my' era.. im 25

Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Retired Moderator

His name is Luther Dickinson.. hes one of the sickest guitar players of "my' era.. im 25
Holy ****...that guy is good! I am 34, so I haveabout ten years on you. I am doing some recording right now, and when I am done, I will get you a copy of what I am doing. It is not all blues, but I would like to get your take on it.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

His name is Luther Dickinson.. hes one of the sickest guitar players of "my' era.. im 25
Holy ****...that guy is good!
Indeed.. how far from Hornings Hideout are you? and the Columbia? im thinking of taking a month long trip across country for my buddies wedding in August. Its in Hood River