CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   A Volkswagon beat me... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/volkswagon-beat-me-97182/)

jpanside@gmail.com 07-14-2009 09:25 PM

A Volkswagon beat me...

Car zooms right behind me super fast and so I let him pass; then I run up next to him. He wants to race. Another easy win I think.
He guns it and I grab throttle. But I aint going nowhere! Shiet I am in 6th rolling from 65mph! fkdasjfJFKLAJFakljflas!

I learned today that it really is the rider and not the bike. And I am still a nooblet rider with much to learn

Thanks guys had to face my shame

PlayfulGod 07-14-2009 09:27 PM

should have dropped er down about 2 gears and packed his lunch for em lol

jpanside@gmail.com 07-14-2009 09:31 PM

yeah 4 would have been more than enough

when we slowed, I gave him a thumb up

justasquid 07-14-2009 09:38 PM

You can bet that guy is telling all of his friends now that his car is faster than a sportbike..lol.

It reminds of watching a video on youtube. this guy is saying that his car is keeping up with a gsxr 1000. Only problem is, the guy in the car was racing, the guy on the bike was doing a wheelie...lol. They sounded like little school girls giggling in amazement that their pyle car is keeping up with a 1000 sportbike. The guy on the bike was clearly just showing off, we all know you don't accelerate if your doing a wheelie.. so the best part about it is.. this guy doing a wheelie was keeping up with this guys car as he was full on gas..

ah well. can't win em all.

oh yea, when I was younger, I had my first bike, an F3 I bought new. A friend of mine had a talon turbo that he thought was badazz.. he had a ton of money into it and wanted to race. So went out on this long road out in the middle of nowhere and raced. I got it up to around 100 and backed off as he was really far behind me. so we get to the end of the road and I pull over. He gets out all excited... saying." ah man, if we had just a little more road, I would have caught ya." I told him I let off a mile ago...lol. it just goes to show how certain people that don't ride just don't realize how fast bikes are..

Oh yeah. The preceding commnets in no way reflect who I am today, nor do I condone racing on public roads.. :icon_couchhide:

jpanside@gmail.com 07-15-2009 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid (Post 809974)
You can bet that guy is telling all of his friends now that his car is faster than a sportbike..lol.

It reminds of watching a video on youtube. this guy is saying that his car is keeping up with a gsxr 1000. Only problem is, the guy in the car was racing, the guy on the bike was doing a wheelie...lol. They sounded like little school girls giggling in amazement that their pyle car is keeping up with a 1000 sportbike. The guy on the bike was clearly just showing off, we all know you don't accelerate if your doing a wheelie.. so the best part about it is.. this guy doing a wheelie was keeping up with this guys car as he was full on gas..

ah well. can't win em all.

oh yea, when I was younger, I had my first bike, an F3 I bought new. A friend of mine had a talon turbo that he thought was badazz.. he had a ton of money into it and wanted to race. So went out on this long road out in the middle of nowhere and raced. I got it up to around 100 and backed off as he was really far behind me. so we get to the end of the road and I pull over. He gets out all excited... saying." ah man, if we had just a little more road, I would have caught ya." I told him I let off a mile ago...lol. it just goes to show how certain people that don't ride just don't realize how fast bikes are..

Oh yeah. The preceding commnets in no way reflect who I am today, nor do I condone racing on public roads.. :icon_couchhide:

hahahha yeah i made that kids day today

lol and thanks for the street racing tips

WhiteKnite 07-15-2009 02:14 AM

Those car vs bike youtube vids are usually pretty laughable from a riders point of view. The comments are pretty hilarious too. I love the 900hp viper vs CBR1000RR ones... everyone is all like "see vipers are faster than bikes" even though they start at 40+mph and admittedly force the bike rider to start in 2nd or 3rd gear to make the viper look faster because they are actually pretty close up to 165ish. Besides that how drivable do you think a 900hp twin turbo viper would be for everyday use :p Oh and then there's the (obviously non-rider) comment "Ducatis can beat any car" LOL Too bad I can't find it now or I'd link it.