Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Vespas

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007 | 12:54 AM
Default RE: Vespas

My work has a Zuma and I ride it everyday to get lunch. It's kinda cool but after you do it so many times it loses it's novelty and I really don't want to be a serious scooter guy. I don't wave to bikers when I'm on it andthey don't wave to me. When I'm on my bike scooters don't wave to me and I don't wave to them.I also don't wave to people on bicycles. The wave is a biker thing not an everyone on two wheels thing.

Old 02-19-2007 | 01:09 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox
It's fun and all to poke fun at people who have those in a jokingly manner, but to actually admit that you personally degrade others just because they choose to ride a scooter rather than a big "makes-a-man-out-of-you" sportbike is pretty ignorant reasoning. Just my view on the matter though.
Not sure that I ever degraded anyone, just had an opinion. I also think it looks silly for a man to wear a pink dress, does that make me a misanthrope? Ride a scooter all day and night long, that's cool. I'll just be thinking to myself thatyou look silly. My opinion is a very small matter in the scheme of things . However, I did gain length and girth when I bought my "makes-a-man-out-of-me"motorcycle, which was totally unexpected.

Old 02-19-2007 | 01:12 AM

i'd wave to them for being on 2 wheels

Old 02-19-2007 | 01:35 AM

I don't discriminate either. I wave/nod to all on two wheels. Scooters, cruisers, SBKs no need to drink the haterade one love to all.

Old 02-19-2007 | 03:41 AM

I gotta respect those scooter riders, they're bikers too, though most dont like to think of em as a biker. round here, most of the scooter guys are older folks, but those things are just so insanely cheap to run at all that it only makes sense.

Old 02-19-2007 | 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

...I think the same thing when I see a man driving a new Beetle....

the same goes for theses IMO,
miata,
z3,
any convertible version of mustang, camaro, firebird that isnt a v8, unless under the age of 18
prius, or echo, screw the gas milege
suburu forester, outback
any red convertible that doesnt include the letters ferrari, viper, or corvette
and finally
PT CRUISER

Old 02-19-2007 | 12:04 PM

Since no one else said it I will:

Know what scooters and fat chicks have in common?

They are both fun to ride, but you wouldnt want to have your buddies catch you riding either one

Old 02-19-2007 | 12:38 PM
Banned

I wouldn't laugh in your face, but I have a tinted visor and I would thank god for that if a Vespa ever rolled up next to me and wanted to cruise with...

I wouldn't be able to control it!

Old 02-19-2007 | 12:51 PM

I once encountered a pack of wild Vespa riders! I pulled up to a red light and there they where across the light from me all hootin and hollerin. There had to be eight of them. At least!! I feared for my life. They looked rabid!! I was like, man I got to get out of here before attack me. And right before the light turned green all of them waved at me. It was funny to see a bunch of guys on scooters, but they were having such a good time. I waved back. And the light turned green, I went by them and they all had such a big smile on their faces. It was cool to see that even if they weren’t on sport bikes.

Old 02-19-2007 | 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I would have to count myself among those descriminators. I just think it looks weak and pathetic for a man to be on one. I think the same thing when I see a man driving a new Beetle. Don't Shocktroop about the moped/wussy thing...he's got a wicked arsenal!
+10000000000