CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   A very nice spot ... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/very-nice-spot-71968/)

Juliet 06-27-2008 07:40 AM

A very nice spot ...

A couple of weeks back we went to Llangollen town for a mooch and some tea and scones ... it's a nice town with the canal running along the top of it ..
.. the water here is pretty clear and not muddy (chocolate canals) as it is by me ... lol

you can get here via the Horseshoe pass from me (about 30 minutes) which is the nicest most scenic route and is the one where I photographed my bike last year ...

the scenery around this whole area is beautiful :-)

Jules

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...langollen1.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...langollen2.jpg

redzintimidator 06-27-2008 07:43 AM

RE: A very nice spot ...

nice..how did you get up so high??

Look at those silly ducks in the 2nd pic...lol:D

Juliet 06-27-2008 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

nice..how did you get up so high??

Look at those silly ducks in the 2nd pic...lol:D

I can levitate ..doh!! ..lol

I was standing on a bridge ... why are the ducks silly??

Jules

marc0011 06-27-2008 08:23 AM

Because they are stowaways :D

marc0011 06-27-2008 08:28 AM

lol... I feel like a retard. I was looking at the end of the boat navigating the canal. Well... what appears to be two "ducks" hitchin a ride on the roof of the boat is actually the heads of two people.

OKIEZAC 06-27-2008 08:38 AM

the roof on that building could use some lovin.. lol

Juliet 06-27-2008 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

the roof on that building could use some lovin.. lol
Nah ..they're all like that Zac ..it gives the places more character ..lol

Jules

redzintimidator 06-27-2008 08:53 AM

yea..see...every building over there is built dilapidated to give it that nice homey "era" look to it...lol:D

Brandon77 06-27-2008 09:04 AM

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

ffingers 06-27-2008 09:07 AM

Jules, sometimes I hate you!!! That is absolutely gorgeous...people go to places like that to get away from their daily lives....you get to live your daily life there....excellent!

BTW...nice to see you postin' a little more again...with the site down, everything has been slow getting back to normal! :)

Juliet 06-27-2008 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

Jules, sometimes I hate you!!! That is absolutely gorgeous...people go to places like that to get away from their daily lives....you get to live your daily life there....excellent!

BTW...nice to see you postin' a little more again...with the site down, everything has been slow getting back to normal! :)

Thank you Tony ... I know I am lucky here .. and sometimes you do get complacent but I try not to be ... for me the canal area is normal but I really want to move to Pembrokeshire eventually .. it will be hard though but for now I am at least only three hours away and I visit there a lot ..I will be going back next month so expect some lots more pics to make you sick!! ..lol

Jules

RooR Mast3r904 06-27-2008 11:07 AM

Wow funny you say they where built to look delapidated but that place is probally like 150 years old yet here america we can barley make a house stand for 50 years.

guess thats called job security

redzintimidator 06-27-2008 11:40 AM

roor...yea im just wishing we had old places like that here in the US...i love old buildings

Lucky CBR1000 06-27-2008 11:58 AM

NICE!!!!!

lonewolfcbr 06-27-2008 12:09 PM

That roof is hideous...lol dilapidated is an understatement...hell here in the states barely anyone has slate roofs anymore.
that one looks like its ready to cave in

SpiritRR 06-27-2008 04:00 PM

^^^ Hideous? Dilapidated? Bollocks. You must be on about your own brow. This way, Mike Teavee, the oompa-loompa's have a nice pair of glasses for your pug Colonial nose pointing straight up in the air. Run upstairs n' ask your mum for some pudding, then go buy a monitor with better than 640 x 480 resolution...your 16 bit cathode ray tube is misrepresenting a direfully fantastic place in Britain. Yankee sod, bollocks.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...tland_flag.png

voodoochyl 06-28-2008 01:36 AM

Jules, dear...you come up with thebest pictures of little villages thatI have ever seen. That is what I envy so much about EVERY other place in the world. There is so much history that goes back, and back, and back. America is a different beast all together. There are places that will stop your heart with beauty, but we don't have anywhere near the richness in historical value. I could spend the rest of my life in those pictures you posted...and many others you have posted in the past. Of course the grass is always greener, but I would love to have the opportunity to visit such a beautiful place. Maybe I will start closer to home...like Yellowstone parkor the Grand Canyon...or Kewl's brother's house...:)

Juliet 06-28-2008 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Jules, dear...you come up with thebest pictures of little villages thatI have ever seen. That is what I envy so much about EVERY other place in the world. There is so much history that goes back, and back, and back. America is a different beast all together. There are places that will stop your heart with beauty, but we don't have anywhere near the richness in historical value. I could spend the rest of my life in those pictures you posted...and many others you have posted in the past. Of course the grass is always greener, but I would love to have the opportunity to visit such a beautiful place. Maybe I will start closer to home...like Yellowstone parkor the Grand Canyon...or Kewl's brother's house...:)
Thank you voodoo :-) ... it's nice that they are appreciated rather than sitting in darkness on my hard drive .. I love taking pics of my country ..there are some beautiful places here ... you ain't seen nothing yet!! ...

Jules

Leon@carolinacycle 06-30-2008 03:25 PM

roor...yea im just wishing we had old places like that here in the US...i love old buildings
I bought my first house over there, it was built in 1857! Not really that old in a town that was 950 years old though.

Juliet 07-01-2008 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Leon@carolinacycle

I bought my first house over there, it was built in 1857! Not really that old in a town that was 950 years old though.

A lot of the cottages around me are 17th century ...

Jules