CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   VERY close call! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/very-close-call-52122/)

Donohu40 10-15-2007 10:24 PM

VERY close call!

So about 15 minutes ago me and my freind are sitting on our bikes on the side of my street infront of my house talking about what we are gonna do tomorrow. To our right there is my neighbors car. We say goodbye and I ride my bike into my backyard and he rides down the street. The second I step back in my house, which is about 30 seconds after I rode off my street, I hear a very loud bang and I run outside. In the street there is a car half spun around because it just slammed into the back of my neighbors car! Me and my freind would have been pancaked between the two if we stayed there less than a minute longer! The lady didn't even hit the brakes either. She just slamed into my neighbors jag. Im not 100% sure but if I had to bet I'd say that they are both totaled.

It kinda makes me think I'm lucky or someone's lookin out for me.

HARDCORP 8654 10-15-2007 10:28 PM

RE: VERY close call!

man you are lucky I'm sure the police are investigating as we speak do you think she was DUI or just lost control

pacemaker 10-15-2007 10:29 PM

Gods where smiling on you to-day.

catamayo85 10-15-2007 10:30 PM

thats craziness...glad you're ok, now go buy some lottery tickets, and when you win, i get half for suggesting the idea :D

HARDCORP 8654 10-15-2007 10:42 PM

Karma ,fate, divine intervention, good luckor pre-awareness makes no difference take a deep breath and keep moving. Oh wait a minute I thought we were talking about something else
LOL

Donohu40 10-15-2007 10:50 PM

I don't think she was drunk. She was probably talking on her cell phone. When I walked out of my house she was already on her phone so I didn't know if she was on the whole time or called someone right after she crashed. Seems weird to be spun halfway around in the middle of the street and then call someone before even getting out of the car.... now that I think about it maybe she was drunk.

I don't really believe in luck, karma, fate or anything at all really, but stuff like this really makes me think about it.

crashkhanman 10-15-2007 11:18 PM

ahh how do some people get there drivers license. I assume it wasn't rainy or fogging was it? .. glad both you guys are good to ride still!

Rubicon on 38s 10-15-2007 11:28 PM

two words - woman driver

okay three words - women can't drive!

Donohu40 10-15-2007 11:50 PM

nope, it was a perfect night out.not to mention there was barely even any other cars on the road and my street is very very wide. I'm gonna go with slightly drunk with a side of cell phone usage.

woo545 10-16-2007 06:21 AM

She was cheating on her husband with the neighbor, but then the neighbor tried stopping...