Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

USPS problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:21 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USPS problem

USPS is becoming very unreliable as far as getting packages delivered to the addressed on the package. Here is conversation with ebay seller. rxxxxxx is seller and kxxxxxx is me

Dear rxxxxxxx,

Do you happen to have a tracking number? I am still waiting for this item and all other items I bought around the same time came in. So wondering where it is at. Thanks - kxxxxxxx

Dear kxxxxxx,

HERE IS YOUR DELVERY CONFERMATION # US POSTAL 03102010000203387118 SHIPPED MARCH 1ST - rxxxxxx

Dear rxxxxxx,

It said it got delivered in OH. that is not my address - kxxxxxx

Dear kxxxxxx,

that i dont know the us postal delivery confirmation receip i got has a tracking# of 03102010000203387118 here is the postal phone # 800 222 1811 and you can ask about why is it in columbus , ohio and i will call monday also this is a delivery mess up by the usps postal it shipped out of newcomerstown , ohio march 1st - rxxxxxx

Dear kxxxxxx,

i called the 800 number and they said yes it was to be delivered in HI but it got delivered in columbus ohio at a JC Pennys store they are going to call me saturday or monday i will let you know iam sorry but it was not my fault - rxxxxxx

Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lessee... I haven't gotten mail in 2 weeks. Not even State Farm, who bugs me weekly to change my motorcycle insurance. I got home and found my neighbor's INCOME TAX REFUND CHECK floating down the street. He lives in the apartment building next to me and when i opened the anteroom door, I found the entire buildings mail dumped on the floor.

Not going to the post office to complain again. I'm gonna find someone higher up as this has been ongoing here. I think USPS has given up and just is waiting till they get cut out of the budget.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

98% human error....of all package, it happens to this particular one...

Our company send a package of US made tooling back to Asia for production. We send on Feb 2nd...now still in transit...BS.

Would this thread be lock for bashing USPS???

Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 AM

usps has delivered d 5 out of my last 6 packages this month to the wrong zip code. >:0

Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 AM

They used to leave me weakly nasty notes in my mailbox about how they don't want to deliver my mail because of some mytical hole in the road that they seem to get stuck in. I live on a one lane dirt road in the mountains mind you and probably 75% of the roads are dirt. Luckly i'm only a half mile from pavement but tou'd think they'd be used to less than perfect conditions. Anyway I finally went up to the post office and talked to the post master. He said if I didn't fix it then they'd stop delivering my mail. I said how the heck do you expect me to fix a hole in the town road that doesn't exsist? Call the town to complain about it. He said he knows the hole and it's there. So I went home took pics and went back. Asked him to point out the hole? He couldn't and said fine they'd still deliver my mail and had quite an attitude about it.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

A friend of mine had a grandfather clock shipped through DHL. They lost it.

When I had a closing on a house, USPS lost all the paper work.

I can't point fingers at who is the worst.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM

And the post office wonders why they are losing business, losing revenue, and having to close some postal locations.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

the post office isn't in the budget, they are self sustained and I'm sorry you guys have such a bad time with them where I live, (in a very big urban city) they are the only ones that actually deliver to my door. UPS will deliver but the guy will deliver in four different locations, only 50% of the time. the other half of the time he just leave a note saying they can't find my apt. . . Its the same delivery guy.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:32 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Coming from both personal and online retail experience, USPS has their ups and downs. You have to remember that USPS's primary function is not to ship packages, but to deliver letters. They get FAR more standard mail than boxes, so that's going to be their priority. Overall I have been satisfied with USPS. You really need to choose the appropriate shipper for your goods. For instance, USPS doesn't really do tracking info. Because of that, if a package is lost, finding it is a lot more difficult. UPS can usually find stuff that was misdelivered a LOT easier.

That said, I have dealt with my share of issues for all of the shipping providers. UPS has delivered packages down the block from my house, even with the address perfectly correct on the label (I was supposed to receive an LED undercar kit, which is a big box, and didn't see it - walked down the block and it was stuck in a neighbor's door). And all of the shippers have trashed boxes or broken merchandise in some way.

Just the nature of the beast, unfortunately. If it's crucial and important, ship it UPS (papers shipped second-day air are still cheap). If you want it there cheap and fast, ship it USPS.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i hope to never ship anything to hawaii again. i felt soo bad for a guy that bought a fender from me.... it took way over a month to get there... and as we were communicating back and forth he said that some stuff was absolutely lost in customs...

i feel bad for you yum. sorry it got delivered somewhere else. our post lady for our neighborhood routinely delivers my packages to the same house number on another street...

Quick Reply: USPS problem