Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UFC SPOILER!!! Click only if you know!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UFC SPOILER!!! Click only if you know!

Holy Crap! I knew GSP was good, but I didn't know he would OWN Matt Hughes. Get ready for Hughes GSP II. I am a bit melancholy for Hughes, but I think GSP deserves the belt for sure.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Default RE: UFC SPOILER!!! Click only if you know!

GSP High Kick to end it had me outta my seat screamin and 20$ in my pocket

Old 11-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Well, the main fight was pretty good. Iw as pretty bored with the rest of the fights that were on. The one with the Snowman took way too long and nothing happened. I am siked for Dec. 30th. Liddel vs. Ortis II. That is going to be one sick fight.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM

Liddel Ortis II is going to be awesome, I was billing for Hughes all the way and GSP looked like he had it at the end of rd1. Good fight though, only lost $1

Old 11-20-2006, 05:39 PM

Why is everyone looking foreward to Liddel v Ortiz 2? Ortiz is making a comeback but he has nothing on Chuck. Ortiz has no standup game and any time someone throws punches at him he just sits there with his hands up in front of his face with no counters or attempts to get away. If you dont believe me then go watch any Ortiz fight and you will see what I mean. Liddel is gonna kill him because he can't be kept on the ground and that is the only place Ortiz has any game.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Retired Moderator

I think Corey has a point. Ortiz is a ground and pound guy, and Liddel may have the best sprawl in the biz. If a guy like Jeremy Horn can't do it, I don't think anyone can. Tito sure couldn't during their last fight. However, to answer you question Corey, I think it is the grudge match portion that everyone is looking forward to. I don't think anyone can beat Liddel right now, but I like that cocky son of a bitch Tito, and it wouldn't break my heart to see the upset.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they need to match liddel up with crocop....and watch what happens, both are all about striking and have good defense against take downs...

hughes should've played the game he was best at and forget the whole "knock him out" thing cause that's not his game and he not capable of knocking anyone out! looks like pride got the best of him mang...

isn't liddle supposed to fight vedele silva from pride in december? that will be a good match, only silva was beaten to a pulp by crocop...

t

Old 11-20-2006, 08:18 PM

I don't know what Hughes was thinking trying to box - crappy game plan but I think it was GSP's night anyway. He was flawless and made a great champ look like an amateur. I was glad to see Hughes lose though - he was getting too cocky. I think BJ would have beat him anyway if he hadn't injured his ribs but thats fighting. Matt still won that one. Do you think they'll give BJ a shot at Hughes for the rubber match and the winner gets another shot at GSP? That would be cool.

Tito's only chance save for a lucky punch is to take it to the ground. Tito is a lot stronger and better at takedowns than Jeremy so I think he'll be able to take chuck down and hold him but there is a good chance that he'll get put to sleep trying if he's not careful. Either way, it should be a good fight and I like both of those guys. The UFC is dting for heavyweights though - man that sylvia fight sucked ***! They were talking to Vera after he knocked Mir out and he was acting like he didn't even want to fight sylvia yet - man oh man...

Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM

Heres the video of GSP vs Hughes. Total domination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOLp8bkvko

Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 PM

You guys see the one where he gets hit hard in the stomach and then completely ko's the idiot commin in with his hands

downhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDc8DiY0Oqk&mode=related&search=

Quick Reply: UFC SPOILER!!! Click only if you know!