Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UFC 92; *The Ultimate 2008*, Make your Picks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UFC 92; *The Ultimate 2008*, Make your Picks!!!

UFC 92: 'The Ulimate 2008'

Looks like its going to be a good one... Make your picks for tonight's fight(s)

Main card [ul][*]Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans[*]Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir[*]Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva[*]Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Mostapha Al Turk[*]Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio[/ul] Preliminary card [ul][*]Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister[*]Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Mike Wessel[*]Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy[*]Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan[*]Heavyweight bout: Dan Evensen vs. Patrick Barry[/ul](source: wikipedia.com)

My picks:

Main Card: [ol][*]Forrest Griffin, I man-love that guy.[*]Nogueira[*]Silva, Hes KO'd Jackson twice, can he do it again?[*]Kongo[*]Massenzio[/ol]Preliminary Card: [ol][*]Lister[*]Wessel? Making a debut tonight, has a great track record.[*]Matt Hamill , True Badass[*]Blackburn[*]Evensen[/ol]
Let the smack talk being...

Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 PM
RCR
Default RE: UFC 92; *The Ultimate 2008*, Make your Picks!!!

Griffen

Mir

Jackson

Kongo

M.M just cause I don't really care for CB

Lister

Meh about the rest.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry was out of town. I picked Mir to beat Nog (+1) Griffin to beat Evans (-1) Silva to beat Jackson (-1) Kongo to beat Turk (+1) and Dollaway to beat Massenzio even though I hate C.B. (+1). So +1 for the main card. (suck)

On the prelims I picked Okami to beat Lister (+1) Hardonk to beat Wessel (+1) Hamill to beat Andy (+1) Chonan to beat Blackburn (-1) and Barry to beat Evensen (+1). So +3 on the prelims.

Mir vs. Lesnar pt.2 before too long..... sheesh.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 AM

UFC 92 was awesome! Can't wait to see the Mir Lesner fight...

Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Retired Moderator

I HATE EVANS!!! I have since the TUF show. I think he is acocky ***. There is confidence, and there is cocky which I can't stand. Problem is, he just keeps winning and winning. As analphaI guess it may come with the territory, but come on, dude, you aren't in the hall of fame yet. Who is going to knock his butt out? Whoever it is willbecome my new fav.

I was glad to see Mir win, and I didn't think he would because of his history of training and fitness. The back story really makes you root for the guy coming off a battle with the motorcycle wreck,pills, booze, and depression.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel ya, Voodoo. Evans is a very talented guy, nobody can take that from him. However, he is a jackass. He keeps releasing these interviews saying people are judging him, etc..... then he goes and touches his crotch in the middle of a round with Griffin then kisses the same fingertips. He can kiss my ***.

Mir is an interesting case. Sometimes I really like him, others I find him annoying. There is a great video that I'm gonna try to find where he talks about his motivation coming in to the first Lesnar fight and what his wife said to him.

Edit: Ok, checked and the video I saw was removed from Youtube. But I did find the quote that Mir said got him going again. It's harsh, but I don't hold it against his wife. Here's the quote, "My wife, in so many words, called me a *****, a failure as a man, and a bad example to my children."

That is incredibly heavy ****, and I give him credit for being able to admit to himself that as brutal as it was to have said, that he could deal with the fact that she was right and do what he's done. Beat a mammoth like Lesnar, and be the first to stop Minotaro despite 100 percent of the mma world saying he didn't have a chance.