Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UFC 91 *SPOILER*

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UFC 91 *SPOILER*

it's on the tube already.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 AM

God I loved that fight. I had some money on Lesnar, so I was glad to see him pull through. I have a lot of respect for Randy though taking it into 2 rounds. I figured it would be over in 1!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:25 AM

well Couture at 45 y/o Ididnt expect him to win being put up against Lesnar whos around 30...and no kidding about a tree trunk....that guy is massive! but everytime I see Lesnar I always think, wow, hes going to knowck somes head right off there shoulders.....I still remember the fight he got put out by a submission...think it was by frank mir....I cant remember now...but Lesnar is a beast! I still like Couture, but hes getting old in a young mans field......

Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 AM

I was actaully suprised. I really thought a lot less of Lesnar. Probably because I havent seen him fight that much.. oh yeah, because he hasnt. And he is already in a title match? As far as Im concerned, thats total bs. Look at all the top guys that have been there for years. Im not taking anything away from Lensar, he may turn out to be a great champion, but its not earned as far as Im concerned. He has paid his dues, but not in mma like everyone else. But I guess when the heavyweight division is as light as it is right now with big names, you do what you have to do to get butts in the seats.

It does sayone thing though. Lesnar has to be taken seriously from now on. Randy old or not, he is still one very dangerous man and very skilled. It shows that Lesnar is a legit contender now. And I am impressed that he does fight top guys and not just some no name people. the guy is not afraid to fight anyone.

I will now be looking forward to Lesnars next fight. Hey, Maybe Seth Petruzelli..

Yeah, it was Frank Mir that took Lesnar down.Some people consider Frank Mir to be a stepping stone. Im not sure why, the dude can fight and has awesome ground game thatmost heavyweights do not. I still remember when he did that same move to Tank Abbot when Tank was dominating people.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:14 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

*cough* it was fixed.

**** lesner sells PPV. over 10x more then when he's not in PPV.

thats a crap load of exra $$$$

They fixed the fact that someone with 3 fights could FIGHT for the title..

and they paid him to go down

Hope he enjoys the money.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:20 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

*cough* it was fixed.

Your not to far off.

Randy really wanted out of his contract and all legal suits that have came about his retirement/leaving the UFC. So why not throw the fight to get out of it all and let the UFC hand the title to a big name to draw in some $$$$.

There was no way Brock should of had a shot. he was 1-1 going into this fight loss to Mir and a decision against Herring whos record was 2-2 all by decision.

Randy has 5 titles and has not had one chump and has kicked *** every time except this one! it was an easy way to get out and I have lost respect to the honesty of the UFC now this has happened.

Lesner is a big guy but he lacks experience to keep his title and he will be exactly like matt Serra and won't even retain his title.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

*cough* it was fixed.

I'm pretty sure that the pounding Couture took and the fact that he was something like 60 pounds lighter than Lesnar may have played a little in to the fact that he lost. The man is closer to 50 than 40 for God's sake. Did I want Couture to win? Oh, hell yeah. Did I expect him to? Nope.

Couture kicked Tim Sylvia's ***, who was also really big but there was a reason. In standup and in the ground game, Sylvia was outmatched. Against Lesnar, Couture's greatest asset was neutralized for the most part. Couture has been a beast for so damn long because his greco is incredible and it's great for mma. Lesnar however is also a monster when it comes to wrestling, and despite his lack of pro fight experience, his size assisted him in resisting some takedowns and forcing some of his own.

And for the record, Couture doesn't need to take a fall to earn money. The man is doing quite well and draws in huge ppv numbers.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCR

Your not to far off.

Randy really wanted out of his contract and all legal suits that have came about his retirement/leaving the UFC. So why not throw the fight to get out of it all and let the UFC hand the title to a big name to draw in some $$$$.

There was no way Brock should of had a shot. he was 1-1 going into this fight loss to Mir and a decision against Herring whos record was 2-2 all by decision.

Randy has 5 titles and has not had one chump and has kicked *** every time except this one! it was an easy way to get out and I have lost respect to the honesty of the UFC now this has happened.

Lesner is a big guy but he lacks experience to keep his title and he will be exactly like matt Serra and won't even retain his title.
No offense hoss, but you are pretty far off. Losing a fight doesn't get you out of a contract if you're Randy Couture. The legal suits? A non-issue since he came back to the UFC. You know who dedicated PPV people are? MMA fans. MMA fans don't want to see Lesnar dominate a man like Couture, and offending them with something as crass as a thrown match would do much more harm than good. I don't for the life of me understand why people fail to get that Randy is a giant draw and mma fans adore the dude. I mean, he draws people in like crazy. He got something like 200k for his win over Sylvia, but as I recall just under a MILLION bucks in PPV dollars. He still has a fight on his contract.

Whether Lesnar should have had a title shot is debatable. However, you have to factor in that when he signed with the UFC he wanted to fight the very best and Dana White said that he was going to get his wish and that he may regret it. His first fight he showed his inexperience and basically handed Mir the victory like the newb he is. However, being the physical beast he is it covers for his inexperience in a lot of ways. When he fought Herring (who has fought the absolute best in the world and has a world of experience) Lesnar showed that he can last round after round with someone that experienced and render all his abilities null. He has proven that he is an extremely quick learner as his striking and impulse attacks that leave him open have both vastly improved in just a few fights.

Randy doesn't hold 5 titles, though he has been the champion 5 times; 3 of those in the UFC. As much as I'm a fan, Randy has not kicked *** every time but this fight. His record is 16wins and 9 losses. He's even lost to Ricco Rodriguez. If what you say was true, you should lose more respect for the man to take such an offer, though the company would certainly be skeevy and untrustworthy from then on.

In the end, only time will tell how long he'll hold his title. Love or hate him however, you can't say he'll be a Matt Serra. Serra got a very fortunate shot on an opponent who vastly overmatched him. The rematch showed the disparity of skills between Serra and St. Pierre.

Anyhow, there are a couple heavyweights who are surprisingly good strikers and may pose a serious challenge. Lesnar gets better daily, but the part that shocks me is that his serious weakness is his inability to finish a fight. Fists the size of a 12 pack and can't put people away. Crazy.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Whatever... I'll enjoy looking at the giant ***** tattooed on the guys chest and think of how stupid the WWE is.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 AM

I sincerely hope it wasnt fixed. I didnt see the fight, so I guess I cant commnent. I really can't see a man like Randy to throw the fight. he is about to retire, hasplenty of money... why go out with a loss? Come out of retirement to fight and win the championship, and then to looseon purpose this close to the end of your contract?I really doubt it. It may just be he is old and Brock is too much of a beast. Brocks wrestling is overpowering and all that weight on ya will wear you out. I really dont think he will be a huge threat. But the guy is just huge.

As for Randy pulling fans. I agree. But when you look at the number of wrestling fans that brock has pulled over, I think it doubles what Randy would bring in. Randy will bring in a lot of true MMA fans, But brock will bring in the WWE fans. Look at the WWE. Its huge. ten times bigger than the UFC will ever be. I dont understand it, but it is. If Dana wanted to stay true to the fans, he wouldnt have let a person like Brock fight for the title. Not this soon.

I really hope that with all the rumors going around about the UFC are not true. I have really enjoyed the UFC since its early days. I hope Dana isnt that stupid or greedy to sink to that level. But ever since he had talks with Vince Mcman, thats the rumors that have been flying.

I'll keep watching. At least its not like EliteXC and put him in against low level apponents to protect him... Kimbo.... . Brock has faced some serious competition for a newcomber. But I guess it will all depend on who they put up against him next. If they put him up against some no name guy, then I might start leaning towards it being fixed.

Quick Reply: UFC 91 *SPOILER*