Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UFC 116 Spoiler... dont read unless you want to know.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UFC 116 Spoiler... dont read unless you want to know.

Im not sure how many here are interested, but for those that are. Brock Lesnar defeated Shane Carwin in the second round with a submission. All along, I have never thought Brock was worthy of the title, or the hype, until now. With the combination of his ring rust, illness, long layoff from the ring, he defeats one of the hardest hitting fighters ever in the UFC. Brock was rocked in the first round and looked like Carwin was on his way to keeping his 12-0 record. But Brock survived and took Carwin down in the scond and submitted him.

Again, never been a big fan of Lesnar, but I think this fight will put all of the nay sayers to bed.. It certainly did for me. Brock is for real.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 AM
June 2011 ROTM

Hes lucky the refs didnt stop the fight in the first round when he was curled up in the fetal position getting elbowed in the face. Hopefully Cain Velasquez will beat his face in. If not im sure we will see a rematch between carwin and lesnar.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
Hes lucky the refs didnt stop the fight in the first round when he was curled up in the fetal position getting elbowed in the face. Hopefully Cain Velasquez will beat his face in. If not im sure we will see a rematch between carwin and lesnar.
+1000000000000000000
I think Cain will get destroyed, but I'm sure Dana White is thinking of a rematch for Carwin.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:38 PM

Carwin gassed in one round...But I've seen other fights stopped earlier when the fighter is not intelligently defending themself. Lesner turtled and the fight should have been called in the first round. Boooo Lesner.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:43 PM

I agree, the fight could have been stopped. But just the fact he recovered and won shows that the right call was made to let them continue. Im just impressed anyone can take that punishment, especially from someone like carwin, and come back from it and win. I still don't like Lesnar for his attitude, but before, I never thought he was a legit fighter, but now I think he is.

I think Cain would get smashed. Just my opinion, but I don't see him as being better than Carwin, and he couldn't get the job done.

On a rematch, I think Carwin would push it even harder to make sure he gets the stoppage. At least this fight showed that Carwin really doesn't have the ability to go to a second round. It was a big question that has been answered. A person can only throw everything they have for so long, then there is no recovery. He will either have to learn to not throw every punch with everything he has (unlikley), or make sure every hit connects.

All in all, definately not what I thought would happen. I truly thought Carwin was going to run through Lesnar.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by justasquid
Im not sure how many here are interested, but for those that are. Brock Lesnar defeated Shane Carwin in the second round with a submission. All along, I have never thought Brock was worthy of the title, or the hype, until now. With the combination of his ring rust, illness, long layoff from the ring, he defeats one of the hardest hitting fighters ever in the UFC. Brock was rocked in the first round and looked like Carwin was on his way to keeping his 12-0 record. But Brock survived and took Carwin down in the scond and submitted him.

Again, never been a big fan of Lesnar, but I think this fight will put all of the nay sayers to bed.. It certainly did for me. Brock is for real.

NO WAY, The fight should have been "ALL OVER" That meat head has no skill whatsoever. And Carwin has NO stamina whatsoever.... He's never fought out of the first round and it SHOWED. He started the 2nd round looking like he just spent 42 hours drinking Jager bombs and snorting coke off a girls ***. .... Basically he looked so tired he wanted to take a nap on Brocks oh so sexy ***** tattoo on his chest.

Until this meathead get's his 5-1 *** taken down *who the hell gets a TITLE SHOT at 2-1 anyway????* I'll have zero respect for the heavyweight division.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I agree, the fight could have been stopped. But just the fact he recovered and won shows that the right call was made to let them continue. Im just impressed anyone can take that punishment, especially from someone like carwin, and come back from it and win. I still don't like Lesnar for his attitude, but before, I never thought he was a legit fighter, but now I think he is.

I think Cain would get smashed. Just my opinion, but I don't see him as being better than Carwin, and he couldn't get the job done.

On a rematch, I think Carwin would push it even harder to make sure he gets the stoppage. At least this fight showed that Carwin really doesn't have the ability to go to a second round. It was a big question that has been answered. A person can only throw everything they have for so long, then there is no recovery. He will either have to learn to not throw every punch with everything he has (unlikley), or make sure every hit connects.

All in all, definately not what I thought would happen. I truly thought Carwin was going to run through Lesnar.
I truthfully think a legit fighter would of pulled guard and protected them self better. If Carwins conditioning was better it would of been over in the first round. He is clearly the more skilled fighter and I think he will win the rematch.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 PM

He started the 2nd round looking like he just spent 42 hours drinking Jager bombs and snorting coke off a girls ***. .... Basically he looked so tired he wanted to take a nap on Brocks oh so sexy ***** tattoo on his chest.
Although I somewhat disagree with you.... I just spit soda out through my nose when I read that.... thats some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. Probably because its the truth, I was just amazed Carwin didn't run through him.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:31 AM

I think Carwin used all his energy because he, like the rest of the viewers, thought the fight was moments away from being stopped.