Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

turkey day plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turkey day plans

Wife and I are 1500 miles away from family and the kids are grown and GONE!!!

We're doing Pho and lounging.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, thewife and our three boys, and an adopted sailor, football and beer. Probably waaay too much food and a coma. We move every three years or so (military) and are rarely anywhere near family. We usually have all the single guys with no family over from the barracks and do up a good party and have a fun time. In my unit, everyone is going home and has plans so we signed up for the adopt a sailor program in which we are matched up with a sailor with similair interests to invite into our home for the holidays. Gives a guy a home and family to be around and have some fun since he can't be with his family and beats the **** out of siting around the barracks and going to the chow hall for thanksgiving dinner.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM

In no particular order

Football

Turkey

Pumpkin Pie

Beer

Family

Napping

And yeah...I'll probably check on and see what you a$$holes are doing... LOL

Old 11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Football and McDonalds
TK if you were closer to my location you would be invited to dinner at my home and even with the logistical situation you are still invited

Old 11-25-2008, 08:12 PM

Dinner at my girlfriends Grandmother's house with her side of the family this year. We all get along great so it should be fun

Old 11-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Me, thewife and our three boys, and an adopted sailor, football and beer. Probably waaay too much food and a coma. We move every three years or so (military) and are rarely anywhere near family. We usually have all the single guys with no family over from the barracks and do up a good party and have a fun time. In my unit, everyone is going home and has plans so we signed up for the adopt a sailor program in which we are matched up with a sailor with similair interests to invite into our home for the holidays. Gives a guy a home and family to be around and have some fun since he can't be with his family and beats the **** out of siting around the barracks and going to the chow hall for thanksgiving dinner.
Been on both sides of the fence with you on this one shocktroop as the receiver and the giver and is a wonderful thing it is something I just thought about it a few days ago and I feel the worse for those who are currently deployed in the sandbox who won't be at anyone's table other than Uncle Sam's oh excuse me KBR'S

Old 11-25-2008, 09:16 PM

hardcorp, my i know what your saying, my brother is going to be missing our thanksgiving, as he is just recently deployed in iraq.....been there about 3 weeks so far. sucks to not have him around for the holidays.....

something that pisses me off is thanksgiving being called "turkey day" jaynd, im not pissed at you mind you, because twice in your post you said thanksgiving instead of turkey day, but i just think its an easy way to start forgetting why we celebrate it in the first place, and that we all have a **** load to be thankful for....

Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

In no particular order

Football

Turkey

Pumpkin Pie

Beer

Family

Napping

And yeah...I'll probably check on and see what you a$$holes are doing... LOL
all of the above as well, plus the lasagna & anti-pasta (Italian Dinners FTW)

Old 11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

hardcorp, my i know what your saying, my brother is going to be missing our thanksgiving, as he is just recently deployed in iraq.....been there about 3 weeks so far. sucks to not have him around for the holidays.....

something that pisses me off is thanksgiving being called "turkey day" jaynd, im not pissed at you mind you, because twice in your post you said thanksgiving instead of turkey day, but i just think its an easy way to start forgetting why we celebrate it in the first place, and that we all have a **** load to be thankful for....
he's probably still stuck at BIAP waiting to get to his duty station unless he's in the Air Force LOL and if he is forget the rest of this but if not tell him to go ahead and get the AT&T 550 card and pick up an Iraqi cell phone reception is not the best but it gives you a direct link andhe actually can call home for a hell of a lot less than you can. but you can call them in an emergency well as long as they have reception it's hit and miss most of the time go ahead and pay for them Internet in his CHU it's slow but it's well worth it. do you know where he is PM me I'm probably going to be headed back after the holidays and unlike the regular military we move around a lot

Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 PM

Im going home for turkey day!!!!!

Quick Reply: turkey day plans