Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: What should i do to spice it up?
Keep it simple; gloss black the lowers and call it a day
50.00%
Splash of color; change it up; more custom
33.33%
other; explain below.
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Trying to Spice up the bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to Spice up the bike

Below is a picture of my color scheme. I love the bike, i just feel that in no way does it deserve flat black for the lowers. SO i turn to CBRF for ideas.

if i did go with some color, it would be brake lines, chain perhaps, rim tape, keeping the clear windscreen, fluid resivor caps etc... just add flash and keep it tasteful. I know some people dont like that... but opinions please. i mean i could get the lowers silver,,, but im doing it myself so they would not match perfect.

Last edited by revilingfool; 04-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the flat black but if you really wanted i would go with gloss black. I cant think of any other color that would look good. Sure you could add something to make it pop but then your only gonna have lowers with that color and i think that would be tacky.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 PM

beautiful bike btw.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

i think making it silver would look sweet. and the bike would look more finished and clean with black HONDA name on the bottom.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 PM

Beautiful bike. Some color accents usually looks good but it might be kind of hard with just a silver and black bike since it wont tie in with the paint or anything. The carbon fiber pieces look sweet though. Id just do some gray rim tape to match and maybe powdercoat the rearsets and/or swingarm. Red calipers or something might look cool but i feel like anything else might seem random.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:31 AM

Sorry to cause confusion but thats not mine bike....haha but credit is due to someone on google images. This one is mine, very close though minus carbon fiber.

I think carbon fiber is out of the window because its probably 300 + for those parts. Im just afraid of what nick said of the colors being random and not tying together fully. If i flat black the lowers the honda name is going away. unless i get someone to do it i dont want it to look half ***'ed. Rearsets are a good idea, ill look around and see where i can get them coated that is close to me.

Has anyone tried the wing shadow tape stuff from tape works?

Would you make an effort to keep the honda name at the bottom? does it set the bike off that much? i think i would be okay without it, if you know bikes you know its a cbr.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 AM

for comparisons sake...

Name:  1000.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  251.0 KB

I like when bikes have decal/logos on them. Solid colored bikes that dont have any logos or anything seem unfinished. So if it were me id make the effort to keep it but its all preference. With yours it looks good either way since you still have the wings and the decals on the uppers and tail and stuff. Its just an ocd thing with me so i like how it breaks up the black and carries the silver from the uppers down to the rest of the bike.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
i think making it silver would look sweet. and the bike would look more finished and clean with black HONDA name on the bottom.
EXACTLY what I was thinking

Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

personally i say you

remove the honda on the bottom, and remove the honda decals, and trace them

make templates out of them, then order some high quality carbon fiber vinyl (i can get you a site i order mine from) and use the templates to cut out new carbon vinyl tank/upper decals

then have your rearsets pcd black, and invest in some cf heel guards

OR

for the heel rearsets get them pcd gold, or get gold aftermarket ones, with gold adj. levers for a nice POP on the bike

tape off and paint your stator and engine cover satin black

re wrap your pass seat and remove the strap wrap is silver so it looks like a seat cowl but is functional as a seat

get a cf windscreen, heat shield, and hugger like that guy has they are schweet

just some small stuff i can think of...

oh and get some audis done by that __Z__ guy

here is a 1k i just did

Last edited by __Z__; 04-13-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
for the heel rearsets get them pcd gold, or get gold aftermarket ones, with gold adj. levers for a nice POP on the bike

tape off and paint your stator and engine cover satin black

ya i was looking at sato racing stuff in gold last night and it would go very well with the bike. The price tag wouldnt though.

When you do the case covers do you do the bolts and everything also?

Last edited by revilingfool; 04-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Trying to Spice up the bike