CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   trying to pick a good street car.. wanna help? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/trying-pick-good-street-car-wanna-help-120560/)

drzed1980 01-29-2011 09:04 AM

My money would be spent on either a dc2 or dc5 integra.

Great all round cars, quick, handle like a go kart and very reliable.

mat

shigga 01-30-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by revilingfool (Post 1008763)
DO NOT get an eclipse unless you are handy. lol i mean i loved my GS-T to death but they are all firecrackers (they are fun then go boom). haha but goddamn you can put that car in the 13's without adding any money into it.

My friend just got a 01 325xi with 40k on it for 8,600. it is wonderful. i would suggest the beamer since you already have a toy car. the all wheel drive isnt like quattro tho...which leads me too:

If you want an end all be all get like an 01 a6 2.7t. Take it to ECS tuning and chip it, lighter flywheel, exhaust/intake, better diverter valves and clamps/hard piping. Then throw a suspension on it and some wheels. you know have a full luxury car with heated seats in the rear, a big enough trunk for 2 12"s +, and you will still go just as fast in the winter. It will spin like a top on dry pavement and drift like nobodys business. not like the s4 with shorter wheelbase. lol i bet you could beat the stang with 5 people in the car...

haha! see people that's what I'm talking about right there! haha. thanks man I like the sound of that. like I said where I like all you see is honda, eclipse, stangs. I love them all to death but I'm wanting something a little diff. that's why I keeping thinking euro. I have an 01 jetta but it's an auto so I'm giving it to the wifey. but I'm really thinking about doing something like you just said or trying to pick a good 01 m3 I've seen a few around here from about 9 to 12k. a little more then what I wanted to spend but hell it's worth it haha.

NateDieselF4i 01-30-2011 01:26 PM

Guys - Zach was right.

Buy any 98+ LS1 Trans AM or Camaro (WS6 and SS have upgraded looks, same guts more of less)

You'll be in the hi 12's stock in the 1/4. They look mean, Sound even meaner.
Fairly easy to work on. Solid reliability, and with bolt ons you can see some impressive gains.

Intake /Headers / Offroad midpipe / exhaust and you actually get some serious HP increase.

Toss some Heads and a CAM in there and you have a SERIOUS street machine. On a fairly friendly budget as well.

shigga 01-30-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i (Post 1009103)
Guys - Zach was right.

Buy any 98+ LS1 Trans AM or Camaro (WS6 and SS have upgraded looks, same guts more of less)

You'll be in the hi 12's stock in the 1/4. They look mean, Sound even meaner.
Fairly easy to work on. Solid reliability, and with bolt ons you can see some impressive gains.

Intake /Headers / Offroad midpipe / exhaust and you actually get some serious HP increase.

Toss some Heads and a CAM in there and you have a SERIOUS street machine. On a fairly friendly budget as well.

haha I eat Camaros all day with my stang even ford lightings around here think they are bad but I kill them everytime. Well ok this one time a white one just passed me like I was in a geo. lol but I met up with the guy and he has over 600 hp in that monster!

shigga 01-30-2011 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by drzed1980 (Post 1008792)
My money would be spent on either a dc2 or dc5 integra.

Great all round cars, quick, handle like a go kart and very reliable.

mat

I can't lie man, as much as I say bmw I'm still thinking that in the back of my mind. when I started this post that's the two main cars I was looking at. trying to pick one is so hard!

NateDieselF4i 01-30-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by shigga (Post 1009108)
haha I eat Camaros all day with my stang even ford lightings around here think they are bad but I kill them everytime. Well ok this one time a white one just passed me like I was in a geo. lol but I met up with the guy and he has over 600 hp in that monster!

Mods?

I had an 89 5.0 with a built 306.

Main power adder Vortec S-Trim supercharger running 12# of boost.

Full exhaust / Port Polished GT-40 Heads / P&P Cobra upper-lower intake / Custom cam.

3.73's, MGW short shifter. Upgraded Clutch.

50 Dry Shot nitrous as well.

I've also owned a 98 Trans AM LS1. With a few mods as well :icon_wink:

I'd buy the T/A

shigga 01-30-2011 02:05 PM

yeah she's got full magnaflow exhaust, injen cold air, one hella tune from brooks speed shop ( TIfton Ga!) comp cams, hurst short shift, bbk twin 62mm throttle body, pullys, umm I'm forgeting stuff I know but lol yeah she pretty good. I'm in the 340ish last dino but I keep adding stuff so I'm taking it back to brooks for another tune and dino runs.

Seafordguy 01-30-2011 02:18 PM

I have a soft spot for TT Z's.

The Camaros and Mustangs are torquey and fast, but you just see them EVERYWHERE. I never turn my head to look at one, but I do turn my head if I see a nicely done Z.

Making 500-600HP in a Z is easy these days.

TimBucTwo 01-30-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by shigga (Post 1008532)
Ok, so I'm about to buy a car for some fun/racing/everyday driving lol. I'm gonna spend about 7 to 9k I think.

Keep saving your money, you are about half way to a used CTS-V.

The '09 had 556HP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CydnislN9pM

shigga 01-30-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Seafordguy (Post 1009118)
I have a soft spot for TT Z's.

The Camaros and Mustangs are torquey and fast, but you just see them EVERYWHERE. I never turn my head to look at one, but I do turn my head if I see a nicely done Z.

Making 500-600HP in a Z is easy these days.

That's what am saying too I love my mustang but they are just everywhere. I did look into a 350z it was in my pricerange but it was an auto :(