CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Travis Co. Sheriff's Office (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/travis-co-sheriffs-office-43002/)

txn_driver 06-26-2007 11:14 AM

Travis Co. Sheriff's Office

well today is my last interview with Travis Co. its the 4th one and the one that decides if I get the job or not, im going in front of an oral review board which consist of a Lt. and 5 Sgt's so wish me luck guys. It starts at 10 am and can go from 1-2 hours. I really want this job.

voodoochyl 06-26-2007 11:56 AM

RE: Travis Co. Sheriff's Office

Good luck...keep us posted! Try not to be too nervous. [&:]

Ruthless 06-26-2007 12:01 PM

Good Luck to ya...get her done!

TennesseeCBRF2 06-26-2007 12:14 PM

hehehe, you said oral... good luck!

rrasco 06-26-2007 12:54 PM

good lucks!

CBR76 06-26-2007 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: txn_driver

well today is my last interview with Travis Co. its the 4th one and the one that decides if I get the job or not, im going in front of an oral review board which consist of a Lt. and 5 Sgt's so wish me luck guys. It starts at 10 am and can go from 1-2 hours. I really want this job.
Congrats on your Interview. I remember I was sweating bullets for mine, I had a road Trooper, the barrack Lt., and a Sgt. sit in on mine.

Just a few tips, if you'd like them:

1. Polish your shoes toa high gloss. Many LEOs are prior military, and to them, polished shoes say alot. It shows you pay attention to detail, take pride in your appearance, and generally gives them a warm fuzzy when they see some gleaming shoes.

2. RELAX! I know it real easy for me to say but try asbest as you can. I stressed all week before my interview until the night before. I agonized over what they would ask, what i would respond with, and how it would go. I finally framed it in my mind like this: "I'm a hard worker, put myself through college while working 60hour weeks, and served my country for 4 years. I'm going to be myself, tell them what I think, and show them who I am as a person. If they don't like me..$%$# them." Went in the next day and it worked like a charm. After the interview was done the Lt said, "You know..I'm not the type to blow smoke up someones ass, but I have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've ever done. I feel that you actually showed us who you are, you didnt try to give us an image or any bull**** rote answers, and all of us really appreciate that." Remember that everything happens for a reason. If for some reason it doesnt happen, dont sweat it, theres always another opportunity coming up.

3. Don't fidget and make regular eye contact. Nothing sends off an alert more than an interviewee thats constantly fidgeting, has shifty eyes, and shows other indicators of deception. Most experienced police officers can read people within minutes. They can tell the difference between simple nervousness or someone trying to shine one on. If they ask a question, give an honest answer. Even if its not something they like, you score points for manning up and being honest. For example: The Lt. asked me, "So what about this job that you were fired from? What happened there?" I explained what happened and added at the end, "They decided to fire me". Lt asked, "How did you feel about that?" "Well, at first I was angry and felt sorryfor myself but later realize it was my fault, I screwed up, and they were completely right in firing me." Had I answered, "I think they were out to get me" or that my boss was a man-hating lesbian I most likely wouldnt have gotten the job.

All in all, best of luck!

txn_driver 06-26-2007 02:30 PM

yeah this wasnt my first rodeo when it came to oral review boards for hiring. they will let eveyone that made it know first thing in the morning. i feel like i gave a good solid interview, having 2 1/2 years experience helped answer the senario questions easily. so now im just waiting for a call back in the am to find out! thanks for all the support guys

HAVOC 06-26-2007 03:51 PM

you'll do great! then just remember later when we need tickets signed off who gave you all the encouragement ;)

hondadriver4life 06-26-2007 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

you'll do great! then just remember later when we need tickets signed off who gave you all the encouragement ;)
hahah hell yeah lol so let us know what happened and good luck man!!!!!!!!!

txn_driver 06-27-2007 11:16 PM

well....I PASSED THE BOARD!!! now i just gotta go take the pysch exam,the physical, drug screen and TB test but basically im hired b/c i know ill pass all of those tests, ive taken them before for other agencies. looking at starting in about 2-3 weeks. this means more $$ to restore the 900 which is currently in about 30 peices