Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tow bike with U-Haul trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow bike with U-Haul trailer?

I drive a Honda Accord 4-dr... I'm considering having a hitch installed and towing my bike to track days with a U-Haul trailer for $15/day. Anyone have any experience with these?

Old 01-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Tow bike with U-Haul trailer?

Looks a lot like my trailer, size and all. I can tow at 80+ without any problems. Some trailers are rated at 45mph... if you go much faster they walk all over the road behind you.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM

I have a four door Accord, and can pull a 4x8 with it no problems. But I only put a small bike on it.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:44 PM

I have used it before and it was great. The trailer is a bit heavy though, so I bought a trailer ( had to assymble it) from Harbor Freight
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90154
This has been the coolest thing ever!! and it folds up for storage. Mine is in the garage right now folded up and up against a wall out of the way.
I had to get some plywood decking and then I bought a removeable wheel chock so the trailer could be folded up. This also enables me to use the trailer for anything else as well. I have hauled bike obviously as well as washer/dryers, furniture, ect...
I love it and have had it for years..best investment I ever made, and it was cheap too!!!
up in the front of the flatbed I install "eyelets" where the two forward mouting bolts were so I have a tie down point

Old 02-22-2006, 12:52 AM

Thanks Limpy for answering my PMs! I decided to buy one of these from Harbor Freight... there is a retail store in my area and they are selling them for only $229 (with the 12" wheels). I think it will work fine for me... my primary purpose is to tow my bike to Mid Ohio, about 60 miles away one-way. Plus I like the fact that it folds up and out of the way. I'm still deciding on whether to use plywood or aluminum diamond plate.

After calling some of the local U-Haul dealers, I realized that counting on them to have a motorcycle trailer available when I need one is just asking for trouble... especially since you have to pay for track days in advance.