Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tourist Trophy anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tourist Trophy anyone?

Wheelie regaring the Tourist Trophy game? Pull your left thumb lever back while accelerating and modulate the throttle along with the stick lever. Stoppies = brake hard with the left lever pushed forward and you can stay nose down for yards...

No game will ever simulate the riding experience exceptionally well, but it was a good start despite using all the same tracks/roads that grand tourismo has...

Having ridden the Yami, Kwaka, GSXR 1K and currently on the Honda 1K - it is impressive that there is ANY difference. Not so much with the GSXR, but the Yami does quick turn better like the real deal compared to the others while the Honda picks up better in the turn and wind out when bringing her up right better. The revs are decently matched for the 1K versions, whereas the 6s are not as accurate as mentioned above. Decent graphics, but I'm waiting for the MOTOGP4 to come out this month, or was it next month on the 25th?

For those trying to "win" bikes by winning the championships - it's a whole lot easier going to the "Challenge" mode and selecting the manufacturer, then the bike and going head to head with another bike to put it in your so called garage or beating the lap records when it comes to choosing the race versions of your ride... I have no patience and chose this route to rack up all the manufactured bikes within a few hours. It's alot more fun picking your ride and choosing your race than accepting what the PS2 selects for you... Just get used to running a couple of tracks over and over again, and then you can go out and lay the smack down during the championships after you mod the bike with what little the game gives you. - minor exhaust with too many leather color/lid choices... needs better mod enhancements like tourismo had - blah!

Overall, it was a nice start to see your own bike on the screen and a good way to burn a few hours of rainy day syndrome - but always room for some improvement in many areas. But just how real could you ever make this simulation anyway.... grain of salt!

Old 04-20-2006, 06:23 PM

so how many times will i have to get picked on for choosing automatic transmission? hahaha ill never hear the end of it in my house, i have a hard enough time playing the game as it is and these little fingers of mine just cant cope with any more pressure!

Old 04-20-2006, 06:34 PM

I like the game i like doing endos and wheelies just for the hell of it and yeah i use the automatic too, this game rules........ i got it to where the rider is holding the bike at 12 o clock position.. at stop........... thats sick.......... but the racing is more fun i just cant seem to win... hahaha

Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 PM

where are the damn cheats ? i want all the bikes but dont have time to sit there and unlock them all i hate when games dont let you cheat

Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 AM

When I was at the local Target store Monday they had the complete guide to Tourist Trophy that was advertised with the game. I had my kids with me so I did not get a chance to look through the book. I did notice that it was about $14.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

so how many times will i have to get picked on for choosing automatic transmission? hahaha ill never hear the end of it in my house, i have a hard enough time playing the game as it is and these little fingers of mine just cant cope with any more pressure!
Yeah, I had considered going with the auto transmission, but I decided to stick it out. Made the game harder for a bit, but once you get the hang of shifting it's more fun, IMO.