Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tough choice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tough choice...

ORIGINAL: dachamp312

So yesterday I was presented with 2 options.. An 03 gixxer750 with goodnmiles, custom paint, etc.. Or an 02 600rr with good miles...

The gixxer is $800 cheaper.. But they are both ridiculously cheap to begin with...

Now assuming they are both cosmeticslly and mechanically equal, what would you do? Which one would you take home?

get 1 liter cu'z u will not regret at the end. .it doesn't matter what brand as long as run fast.. for me bike is all about the speed not a brand..

Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I can say i had an 02 gix 750 and it was a great bike. From my personal preference thats what i would get. However like stated im not big on custom paint, i would have to see it. If i liked it though, thats my choice.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 PM

03 gixxer is a bit of a bohemith

Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: typoon

ORIGINAL: dachamp312

So yesterday I was presented with 2 options.. An 03 gixxer750 with goodnmiles, custom paint, etc.. Or an 02 600rr with good miles...

The gixxer is $800 cheaper.. But they are both ridiculously cheap to begin with...

Now assuming they are both cosmeticslly and mechanically equal, what would you do? Which one would you take home?

get 1 liter cu'z u will not regret at the end. .it doesn't matter what brand as long as run fast.. for me bike is all about the speed not a brand..
oh god...

anyways, I love my 2003 600rr. I have never ridden an older gixxer, just 07's but i liked them, i would rock an 07 750 if i could. I would say make your decision based on which one is in better shape, "custom paint" usually means "went down" so i would never see that as a plus unless its a really cool paint job that you like. and the fact that they said an 02 600rr makes you wonder, sketch ball info is never fun to deal with, so i would check your sources and see the bikes before you decide.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:53 AM

My .02 worth. The RR has amuch more comfortable riding position, and is all in all a better bike. Thegixxers are known for the bars to be lower and more forward causing you to be more hunched over, and there stock rear sets have always seemed too high and too far back to be comfortable to me. Buthell thats just my opinion, rock whatever you think is the better deal!!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 AM

pics would help. the 600RR is the ideal choice, but the gix750 is not bad either. depends on the "custom" paint... hopefully its not pink or green.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 AM
June 2011 ROTM

Your size could factor into your decision as well. I was looking for a gsxr 750 myself, but I found a cbr that I couldnt pass up and since im new to the game I wanted to get something I knew would be reliable and everything honda is well built, from lawnmowers to motorcycles

Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 AM

yea, almost every1 here is going to say honda, of course
but i mean every1 has a gxr
i like to be different, plus i havent had any probs with my honda
and ive never heard about any of my buddies having probs with them ether
alll u ever hear is "these things are tanks" etc

Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

the gsxr's of that body style i believe K4 have big tanks and are heavy. yet if you set up the suspension and a good set of tires its an awesome bike. the gsxr also has problems with leaking from the shift fork rod and some have electrical problems in the wiring for the headlight. other then that its a nice bike.

the f4i (if it is an 02) is a good bike as well. relaxed seating position, good throttle response and a helluva bike from the factory... if you're under 6ft tall and under 180 lbs . if you're a bigger guy like me i found that the f4i rear sets and bar height offered an awkward riding position and i felt that the f4i didnt have nearly enough torque for my riding style.

if its a 600rr (03+) very nice bikes. but since ive never owned one ill let someone else tell you the ins and outs..

Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 PM

i definitely was aware of the bias by posting on this site... im personallypartial to honda as well based on my experience and its reputation...

truth is! i know nothing about gixxers! but im sure at some point i figured many of you's encountered the same predicament at some point or another... now since i have not yet seen the gixxer nor ever sat on one i figured a quick post on here would help me get an impression of what to expect... and as i hoped i got the knowledgeable answers i was expecting regardless of the bias....

now a quick update on the situation... i was supposed to go see both bikes yesterday but it never panned out... originally the guy wanted 3k for the honda and 2300 for the gixxer... both ridiculously cheap... im starting to think the gixxer has been down but i'll wait till i see it to really know for sure...now he all of a sudden doesnt want to sell the honda for less than 3700. 3700 imo is still a good price.. right? the gixxer is too fishy for me... but nonetheless i will still look at it...

Quick Reply: Tough choice...