Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Torque: The Movie

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Torque: The Movie

ORIGINAL: TEN

Apparently there is a pretty sweet sportbike movie out. I think it is called "Faster". I haven't seen it but it is supoosed to be pretty much dedicated to the sportbike world, specifically track racing.

That's not a "movie" per-se, it's more of a documentary about racing. I haven't gotten a chance to check it out myself, but that's what I've heard.

Biker Boyz and Torque are a skid mark on the underpants of the sportbiking community.

Fortunately for me I didn't actually spend the $$ to go see them in the theater, I would have demanded my money back. I still should've have gotten my $4 back from Blockbuster for watching either POS movie.

If you're going to do a movie about bikes or cars you can make up all the B.S. but leave the CGI out of it. I can handle the scenes where they're bumping in the canyons and all that crap because even though I know it couldn't ever happen it is "somewhat" realistic and there are actually bikes there. I just can't handle when they CGI everything like the last sequence where he can hardly catch the cruiser on his jet-bike and then does the triple-lundy off the ramp while trailing fire a bullet hole in the gas tank. [:@]

Same situation with the remake of Gone In 60 Seconds. I loved the whole movie and especially the last chase with Eleanore right up until they "flew" it over all the traffic. Everything else was done with a real car until that last part, and it ruined the whole thing for me.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:10 PM

I MUST AGREE WITH THE ABOVE. I HEARED ABOUT THE MOVIE AND ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT! WENT HOME AND WATCHED IT AND FELT DISGUSTED. HOW MANY KIDS WATCHED THAT MOVIE AND DECIDED THEY WANTED A BIKE BASED ON FALSITIES. LIKE FAST AND THE FURIOUS WITH THE FLAMES AND ALL THAT. AFTER THAT EVERYONE WANTED TO HAVE A RICE BURNER WITH A FIN AND A FAKE NOS SET UP. WTF? I SAY WE ALL WRITE A TRUE-TO-LIFE SPORTBIKE MOVIE SCRIPT AND PITCH IT TO SOMEONE.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 02-02-2006, 02:07 PM

Anyone wanna race for lids?

you dont want none of this!!!!!!

or this

Old 02-02-2006, 04:06 PM

last yr some cat was trying to sell a gsxr1100 circa 92 on craigslist LA ... yea the same featured in one of those movies
he wasn't asking for much considering that both were bombs

Old 02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Retired Admin

Hmmm what are these movies you speak of? Depicting the tail of a spirited rider and his clan. From the sounds the facts have been distorted? Was it a 180 nose spin in the dirt and palm trees while firing multiple shots from a 9mm? Or perhaps the amount of times someone simply blew up your ride and they said "Damn, I need a bike." and the next scene you were riding again? The fire racing up the road, the jet bike barely catching the harley, Hell I preferred the motorcycle scene in Charlies Angels 2 on the dirt bike track as compared to both of these jewels! [8D] And its amazing because the only ones who thought the movie sucked was bikers. And people ask where other bad images of us come from......?

Old 02-02-2006, 04:43 PM

I agree, all I could do is laugh and shake my head in disgust the whole movie.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 PM

I liked them both even though that aint my style of riding. At least they tried. Ive learned to accept the conception most people have of sportbikes and their riders. Their opinions will never change unless they actually own a bike.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 PM

FASTER is not really a movie but a great film all about GP racing and the differant styles of riding. They talk about all kinds of famous riders including Rossi, BIaggi.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
L8X

torque wasnt as bad as bikerboyz. I'd rather watch that Monet gorl than Morpeus anyday.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
L8X

i meant girl

Quick Reply: Torque: The Movie