Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

TopGear - Polar Expedition Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TopGear - Polar Expedition Special

As most of you all know, TopGear is one of THE BEST shows this world has to offer. I didn't think it could get any better until I downloaded this special.

The filming, music, editing, content......everything about this special is absolutely incredible and will have your on the edge of your seat the entire time.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOWNLOADING IT!

You have to use BitTorrent (www.bittorrent.com), and then download the torrent here............

http://www.mininova.org/tor/812069

You then drag the torrent you just downloaded into BitTorrent and it'll start download. Mine took a couple hours to download, so be patient...........OH, AND IT'S IN HD!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TopGear - Polar Expedition Special

This was awesome, i saw it the day it came out. It was funny how they are just hauling *** and drinking gin and tonic lol. I can't wait till the new season starts.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 PM
VP

what format are you using to watch this? WMV nor Winamp will play it

Old 07-28-2007, 02:52 PM

I just use windows media player to open it

Old 07-28-2007, 04:18 PM
VP

okay I got it to work... if anybody needs help let me know I found a great codec convertor...

anyways, what the hell is that truck? is that what they sell the tacoma as over in europe and canada?

Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

anyways, what the hell is that truck? is that what they sell the tacoma as over in europe and canada?
I don't know but i like it

Old 07-28-2007, 05:04 PM
VP

I swear to God if they make a Top Gear version of that truck in the same form I will seriously consider purchasing one

Old 07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Retired Moderator

So for the ignorant (like me), what is this "Top Gear" show about? You have peaked my interest...also, what channel is it on?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

So for the ignorant (like me), what is this "Top Gear" show about? You have peaked my interest...also, what channel is it on?
TopGear is a british motoring show all about cars and doing crazy things with them. They are about to start Season 10 in October. The bad thing is (since the U.S. mindset likes NASCAR and nothing else), we don't get the show here in the states. It's on BBC 2, and the only way we can watch it is to "Torrent" the episode from the internet. And here is how you do that.

First, go to http://www.bittorrent.com and download the latest version of the software (it's free)......

Load it and open it........

Next, you go to this site........http://www.finalgear.com

Then you click on the TopGear picture on the right.......

Then you come to a page displaying ALL the episodes of TopGear.......

You then choose an episode you want to download by clicking on the link........

Then a page appears giving a synopsis of the episode and at the bottom under "Links" it says "Get a torrent for this episode". Click that.......

Then it takes you to a torrent site (usually mininova.org)........

On that site, you then click "Download this Torrent"......

Make sure to save the torrent to a specified area so you know where it is........

Next, you have to drag and drop the torrent into the Bittorrent software......

It takes a couple moments and usually, it'll start downloading (usually, the downloads are only 2-20 KB/sec) which pretty much means it takes a while to download an episode. It took me MONTHS to download all the seasons, and if I had a server large enough, I would post them there and have everyone download them quickly, but I don't, so sorry.

My normal routine was to download a season at a time. I would load all the torrents from one season and let them all run at once. Sometimes, if there wasn't any activity for a while, I would close BitTorrent, and reopen it. Usually, this would "restart" all the torrents and usually download faster.

PM me if you have any more questions man. IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH IT! TopGear IS the best show (in the world) right now. It's extremely entertaining, has to do with cars, and eventually, you'll feel like you've know the presenters (Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May) like they were your own friends.

ALSO!!!!! The best software to play these .avi files is the free DivX player that you can find here.........

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

Just open the files into this software, and you should have no worries.....

ENJOY.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

It's a Toyota Hillux. They are badass trucks (I wish we could get them in the states)