Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tools at work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tools at work?

^^ dam soild works i always wanted to learn that all i get is a cheap a$$ autocad that is 2004 .. and a lets see i have a scale and my ipod (trust me i need that as a tool) and pen a mechincal pencil . phone and email to yell at the consultants when my dwgs aren't here .. thats is .. my job sucks i draw buildings .. i wish i was drawing something cool just stupid strip malls but hey it pays the bills . i am tryuing to get a second job learning powered coating and weilding . but they don't have a second shift yet ! ..

Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Raven

I lumberjack, I use a (Husquvarna) chainsaw, wedges and sledges.

"It's all about the He Said, She said bulls..t"_Limp Bizkit.
thats cool your a lumberjack not something you hear about very often. my dad owns a logging company in northern michigan they dont use many chainsaws though. all the trees are cut with a processor. my tools consist of about 30grand in automotive tools. im a tech at a chevy dealer and like to have what i need.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM

I also use SolidWorks 2007 2.2 we haven't gotten 2008 yet at work but I had a meeting with some of the reps to talk about changes to come.

I work in a Tool and Die shop, engineering department, Drafting. I make drawings for plates, die sets, weldments. And random crap like when someone orders 250 pieces of something or when they send us a fax and I have to draw the thing from scratch.

Its pretty fun messing around on Solidworks all day I try to make stuff for me, like brackets and simple designs of go karts or when I get bored I will draw my Phone, ruler, saftey glasses or mint case in 3-D.

Other than the software and computer I guess calculator, pen, paper, stapler, phone, and the3 huge plotters when I need to print my drawings out.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 AM

GPN-20 , TPX-42, GPN-22, OD-152A, OX-62, GRC-211, GRC-171, ETVS, All worth over $15 million dollars.
Equipment used for Air Traffic Controllers, use it everyday.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mkhaynesaz

^^ dam soild works i always wanted to learn that all i get is a cheap a$$ autocad that is 2004 .. and a lets see i have a scale and my ipod (trust me i need that as a tool) and pen a mechincal pencil . phone and email to yell at the consultants when my dwgs aren't here .. thats is .. my job sucks i draw buildings .. i wish i was drawing something cool just stupid strip malls but hey it pays the bills . i am tryuing to get a second job learning powered coating and weilding . but they don't have a second shift yet ! ..
I gota draw boxes for free...then I get graded on them :|

Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 PM

drills, paint brushes, sanders, scrapers, hammers, riveters, rollers, sprayers, ladders, drop cloths, patience.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:19 PM

mac pro, 2x22" monitors, final cut studio 2, adobe after effects, adobe photoshop

Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Retired Moderator

Tools at work? Yes...there are lots of @$$holes where I work...did I misunderstand the question?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM

LOL, man now that you mention it...there's tools lying all around me. I'm surrounded!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:44 PM

ME work here also. Do mostly mechanical drawings (HVAC) for architects. It's just me, my calculator, reference materials, product catalogs, and my computer with ACAD 2001 (the boss is cheap, and DWGGateway works great-for now) and a bunch of other software I don't feel like getting into right now. Oh and there's Bob, Nick, Dave, and the PE (owner/boss), but I guess you said you weren't talking about co-workers.

Quick Reply: Tools at work?