Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Took my daughter for her first ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my daughter for her first ride.

My eleven year old has been bugging me to take her for a ride for months and months now, but I wasn't too sure about it. If there was an accident with her on, I could never live with myself. I know I take a risk everytime I get on the bike, but I haven't wanted to take her with me. She finally talked me into it. She wore all of my wife's gear, and I took all the back roads (at 25 mph) to drop her at her friend's house about five miles away from our house. She loved it! Now she is bugging me even more than before.I think I have got a second generation rider on my hands.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Default RE: Took my daughter for her first ride.

Thats what got me into the game. My father took me everywhere on his bikes back when I was young.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:02 PM

i was always jealous of the kids who came from motorcycle families....and even though i'm 24 and have my own bike, I still get jealous of the kids who's folks (or just one parent) ride(s).

(off topic, but why is it 'ride' when the one doing the riding is plural, and 'rides' when its singular? e.g. : my dad rides v.s. both my parents ride )

just make sure you instill SAFETY FIRST to your daughter

Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: socale30

i was always jealous of the kids who came from motorcycle families....and even though i'm 24 and have my own bike, I still get jealous of the kids who's folks (or just one parent) ride(s).

(off topic, but why is it 'ride' when the one doing the riding is plural, and 'rides' when its singular? e.g. : my dad rides v.s. both my parents ride )

just make sure you instill SAFETY FIRST to your daughter
I was one of those kids...
my mother (yes my mother) "rides" a HD heritage softtail classic, she recently traded in her sprotster 1200c for it

As for the english lesson "I think" it's because the word dad is showing its singular and the word parents would show it's plural in your ex.

And to VooDoo best of luck on your new situation, Just remember that " Because i said so" is a legitamate answer

Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM

for gods sake man,

MAKE SURE SHE DOESN'T WEAR SANDLES!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 01:43 PM

I really don't like to see kids on the back of bikes, but it's the parents decision to take them. I know the risk of riding, but i would not want to risk a kids life on my bike. I don't even like taking girls for raide that much just for the fact if something did happen i would never forgive myself.

It's cool she likes the bike and maybe some day she will be on here posting about her bike?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

I really don't like to see kids on the back of bikes, but it's the parents decision to take them. I know the risk of riding, but i would not want to risk a kids life on my bike. I don't even like taking girls for raide that much just for the fact if something did happen i would never forgive myself.

It's cool she likes the bike and maybe some day she will be on here posting about her bike?
Personally, I wish more parents were like Voodoo. Some of my best memories as a kid were being on the back of a motorcycle.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

voodoo thats awesome brotha! love hearing that. i know kids get a kick out of simply getting a wave out of us while we're riding.....so for her to actually get to go for a ride, im sure she was grinning from ear to ear in that helmet! nice to hear you threw all the gear on here. alot of kids in my area who's parents take them riding (harleys) only put half helmets on their kids and a t-shirt/jeans. i hate seeing that!

we'll, now hopefully you'll cave a little easier when she begs for you to take her for a ride.

nice short story voodoo

Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

nice to hear you threw all the gear on here. alot of kids in my area who's parents take them riding (harleys) only put half helmets on their kids and a t-shirt/jeans. i hate seeing that!
+1 to that. I can't believe some people who ride with their kids like that. WTF are they thinking?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Retired Moderator

I get PISSED when I see parents with sKwIDS on the back of their motorcycle. I want to pull these guys over and punch them in their mouth, then put some boots, gloves, helmet, and jacket on their kid for them. I will probably get her all her own proper gear for next season and just take it really easy. She is just a little too small for my wife's gear, but pretty close. I don't want her riding around all the time will gear that doesn't fit, either. Thanks for the positive, guys.

P.S. My kids understand the defenition if squid, and shake their heads when they see them out in all of their tententacled glory.

Quick Reply: Took my daughter for her first ride.